when and how do I know what books shall I buy for my first year? Watch

baabxii
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
The university is going to tell me what books to buy during the welcome week or before? or I find the information on the website? I'm referring to the City university of London or Birkbeck university. Thank you
wonderuss
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You buy them when they tell you to
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by baabxii)
The university is going to tell me what books to buy during the welcome week or before? or I find the information on the website? I'm referring to the City university of London or Birkbeck university. Thank you
Most of the recommended books. can be found in the library, so you should get them during freshers week. To see your reading list go to your uni website, find your course and click on each modules you'll be studying for this coming year to see the syllabus. If you can't see it, then wait until you fully enrol to the uni, so that you can access the module contents.
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by baabxii)
At some point you will be given a reading list- when/how this comes will vary from uni to uni and course to course. Some unis will give a general list for the whole course and some will give it module by module.

Many books will be in the uni library, so it may be worth waiting until you've seen ho easy these are to access and how much you're using them before you commit to buying.

When you arrive at uni also check the notice boards in your department- older years and graduates will often sell off the textbooks they no longer need at cheaper prices.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (18)
7.06%
They might tell the bully (26)
10.2%
I don't think they'd understand (42)
16.47%
It might lead to more bullying (91)
35.69%
There's nothing they could do (78)
30.59%

Watched Threads