The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy at Uni

Hi, I have to choose where I want to study physiotherapy this year. I live in Norwich, and would be good to study at the UEA, but I don't think the course is too good looking at the stats. I'm also looking at Birmingham, Nottingham, and Bradford (maybe Loughborough for Sport Science). Can anyone give me information based on their own experience of these courses, especially UEA?
Hi there,

What stats concern you? I personally don't think stats will tell you much. The NSS for instance, and indeed the whole Teaching Excellence Framework is pretty flawed. Have you tried visiting the departments/do you know anyone on the courses?
Reply 2
Hi,
The student satisfaction is really low on all of rankings and tables I've looked at, and they don't rate the teaching well either :/ which is weird because most people have come out with 1st class degrees so it's kind of confusing. I don't know anyone on the course
That is pretty counterintuitive!

The data I found was from 20 students, so probably not representative.
http://unistats.ac.uk/subjects/satisfaction/10007789FT-UNU1B160302/ReturnTo/Search

I suppose if you do find any physios on your work experience in or around Norwich who've been to UEA you'd be able to ask them what they thought of the course. They're probably going to be more honest about it than the students you meet on open days, but you should try and attend them as well - good luck!
Original post by PatG
Hi, I have to choose where I want to study physiotherapy this year. I live in Norwich, and would be good to study at the UEA, but I don't think the course is too good looking at the stats. I'm also looking at Birmingham, Nottingham, and Bradford (maybe Loughborough for Sport Science). Can anyone give me information based on their own experience of these courses, especially UEA?

Hi :smile:

As others have said, I would recommend you attend some university open days. You will be able to speak to academics and students, see the facilities on offer and receive guidance for your application and interviews. Open days are a great way of getting a feel for the right place.

At the end of the day, you will be spending a lot of time and money at your chosen uni so it's best to make sure you get the decision right.

Joe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending