The Student Room Group

Laptop advice

GCSEs are over yaaaay! But I need to do sixth form shopping now (I'll be going abroad for the next couple months, so I need to be done in the next 2 weeks). I need advice on what is the best laptop to buy. I don't know ANYTHING about the techy stuff, so can I just have recommendations of names of laptops please? I'm buying a new one because my brother is starting GCSEs and we can't share the house computer anymore. I'm doing biology, physics chemistry and maths if that is relevant. I just need something that's fast, easy to use, and has good memory so that I can study on it, type up documents and that kind of thing. Any help please???
Trust me, u probably would not end up using ur laptop that much. I got through the whole of A levels bearing in mind that I got all 4A's at AS level using my phone apart from the occasional thing such as printing a past paper or filling in some uni stuff at most. I didn't even use it for gcses but i would recommend any laptop from a reputable company such as HP. Look for a computer with at least intel core i3 or i5 and make sure u get windows 10 and storage space is ur take really (min 256GB or so).
Original post by Chembeast1
Trust me, u probably would not end up using ur laptop that much. I got through the whole of A levels bearing in mind that I got all 4A's at AS level using my phone apart from the occasional thing such as printing a past paper or filling in some uni stuff at most. I didn't even use it for gcses but i would recommend any laptop from a reputable company such as HP. Look for a computer with at least intel core i3 or i5 and make sure u get windows 10 and storage space is ur take really (min 256GB or so).

Thanks so much! I just need a laptop because I'm the kind of person who has to separate my school work from everything else otherwise I get distracted lol. But thanks, I don't know what all the Intel core and that stuff are and you really gave me all I need to know, so I can go ask in the shop. Thank yooooou!
Thanks for the advice! :smile:
Someone clearly doesn't know what they're talking about;

I hope you learned a valuable lesson today.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending