The Student Room Group

Lesbians have a baby; but how?

My teacher is a lesbian and to be honest she's amazing!
She's my favourite teacher and tbh I think I'm her favourite student alongside my sister whose now left.

She had a baby last year and she told my sisters class last year that she has a "wife" (that was a small class and she got on well with all of them!).

In my class this year she talks about her "partner" rather than mentioning wife.
After maternity leave, she did come and help with work and I asked how her baby's doing and she did mention her "wife" only to me, not the class.
Does that mean she only tells those whom she trusts?
She also introduced her baby to me.
Is it because she knows that me and my sister are not judgemental?

I help with a LGBT group in school so I think that's what might have made her open up about her sexuality?
Obviously I don't judge her- I respect eveyone for whom they are.

I'm hoping to keep in touch with her now that I'm going to be leaving but how? What Shall I say to her? I want to remain in contact via email.

Also how would she have got pregnant? As the baby looks the same race as her??

Just curious to know.

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Adopted
Must have picked one thts similar to her so as to not raise suspicion about her :hmmmm:
Adopted ... u must be very young
Sperm donor, adoption, surrogate etc..
not that it is really any of your business mind
Reply 4
No, she was actually pregnant- she actually gave birth to it.
There are such things as sperm donors
Adopted
The used a sperm donor(so only half her DNA, other half is a strangers)

Some people who are straight even refer to their other half as a partner, I wouldn't really say its strange
IVF or adoption?
Original post by Anonymous
She's my favourite teacher and tbh I think I'm her favourite student alongside my sister whose now left.

She had a baby last year and she told my sisters class last year that she has a "wife" (that was a small class and she got on well with all of them!).

In my class this year she talks about her "partner" rather than mentioning wife.
After maternity leave, she did come and help with work and I asked how her baby's doing and she did mention her "wife" only to me, not the class.

I help with a LGBT group in school so I think that's what might have made her open up about her sexuality?

I'm hoping to keep in touch with her now that I'm going to be leaving but how? What Shall I say to her? I want to remain in contact via email.

Just curious to know.

Thanks

So glad you like your teacher - it is a hard job to do.

She got the baby from Tesco - buy one get one free. ( I always told my children they were from Waitrose - saved telling them the truth...... which was they were from Aldi)
Reply 9
Original post by AzureCeleste
Adopt
The used a sperm donor(so only half her DNA, other half is a strangers)

Some people who are straight even refer to their other half as a partner, I wouldn't really say its strange

What does it mean by sperm donor?
Is the sperm from a stranger of the same race?
& doesn't that mean her baby is more to her than her partner?

As she never mentions her partner looking after the child-it's always her!
And would the baby ever get to know the donor?

Sperm from a stranger, I don't quite know how it works but I think you probably can request the race.
Yes, that would mean she is directly related to the baby but her partner wouldn't be.
No, I don't think the baby would know the donor. If it came from a sperm bank due to privacy reasons etc. Some people donate a lot of sperm and as such don't want anything to do with the offspring.
Sounds like she does trust you with information that is personal to her and is private.

As she know you and you help out with the LGBT group she trusts you and knows you have an interest, maturity and positivity to these things and she wants to show you the reality of happy and healthy LGBT family life. These are freedoms that are relativity new to the LGBT community.

If she got pregnant it will be from a donor - this could be someone the couple knows or a stranger who has 'donated' their sperm - this is done in a clinical setting with the two never necessarily meeting and with no sexual contact required - the sperm can be placed inside the woman using medical equipment.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by squeakysquirrel
So glad you like your teacher - it is a hard job to do.

She got the baby from Tesco - buy one get one free. ( I always told my children they were from Waitrose - saved telling them the truth...... which was they were from Aldi)

😂😂😂 she knows I'm a non judgemental person-whenever she starts a new class she always mentions she don't want students making comments about race or sexuality! (Obviously she's aware that some students know as rumours spread fast....)

It always makes me tearful! Bless her! I'd love to say I'm here to support her, but I'll be leaving next week...

I want to stay in contact with her-professianally but don't know how to ask???
I'm hoping she don't mind as I am her favourite student and have always be there for her when she hurt herself bless her I did email her telling her not to bother coming to school so early -she appreciated it!!
Original post by JTfoxlove
Sounds like she does trust you with information that is personal to her and is private.

As she know you and you help out with the LGBT group she trusts you and knows you have an interest, maturity and positivity to these things and she wants to show you the reality of happy and healthy LGBT family life. These are freedoms that are relativity new to the LGBT community.

If she got pregnant it will be from a donor - this could be someone the couple knows or a stranger who has 'donated' their sperm - this is done in a clinical setting with the two never necessarily meeting and with no sexual contact required - the sperm can be placed inside the woman using medical equipment.

Thank you!!! That makes sense. And yeh I guess she does trust me.

Also, as the DNA is half hers, does that mean her partner may not be as close to the baby?
As she always mentions herself having to look after it and when she's teaching her baby is at her parents.
I don't think that's fair if she's having to bring it up herself without much support from her partner!
Thank you!!! That makes sense. And yeh I guess she does trust me.

Also, as the DNA is half hers, does that mean her partner may not be as close to the baby?
As she always mentions herself having to look after it and when she's teaching her baby is at her parents.
I don't think that's fair if she's having to bring it up herself without much support from her partner!

You don’t need to know or question her childcare arrangements, or her family dynamics. It’s none of your business.
It must have been a virgin birth

Praise the Lord; the new Messiah has come again

Yes it means she got the sperm from another male or maybe even a sperm bank :laugh:
Well anyways it shud look 50% like her if it had her egg cells so it’s not a big issue but maybe she genetically modified it??
I do science trust me :yep:
Well there’s many ways.... sperm donor, test tube babies, genetic modification, e.t.c :hmmmm:

Just curious to know.

Thanks

As other people have mentioned already, the baby is most likely born through a sperm donor. It is also possible through surrogacy but this is less likely as surrogacy is not funded by the NHS and your teacher's salary probably wouldn't be enough to fund it privately. Either way, you shouldn't ask these sorts of questions to her because it is a very personal thing to ask and you aren't that close to her that you can ask this.
Original post by DeNotoriousOne
Yes it means she got the sperm from another male or maybe even a sperm bank :laugh:
Well anyways it shud look 50% like her if it had her egg cells so it’s not a big issue but maybe she genetically modified it??
I do science trust me :yep:
Well there’s many ways.... sperm donor, test tube babies, genetic modification, e.t.c :hmmmm:

Sounds totally legal
Original post by CoolCavy
Sounds totally legal

Hey it’s the hamster agai... I mean guinea pig again!!! :biggrin:
It is legal ryt?? :hmmmm:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending