The Student Room Group

I had sex, and not my father won't speak to me

I am currently 16 years old who has a boyfriend, I lost my virginity to him when I was 15 years old. Recently, my father has found out that we slept together and let me tell you he is not happy. My parents are not together and both of my parents are with someone else. My mother knew that me and my boyfriend had sex but only now my father has found out. I understand that fathers d not want to know that their daughters are with someone serious and that sometimes mothers are more accepting of those type of things. But himself and his wife have completely over reacted about this situation, he is 'disappointed' and 'gutted' and I have been made out out be a '****' by his wife. I am so heartbroken by this reaction he wont speak to me and I haven't seen him in 2 weeks! Despite being upset about this I find it ridiculous, is he over reacting? What do I do? Please help ASAP! Anyone share a similar experience?

Scroll to see replies

No similar experience but I do feel sorry for u :frown:
There’s nothing I can think of that would be of help and ur current scenario seems quite sad indeed... hope things work out :console:

Spoiler

Original post by miamorgan7
I am currently 16 years old who has a boyfriend, I lost my virginity to him when I was 15 years old. Recently, my father has found out that we slept together and let me tell you he is not happy. My parents are not together and both of my parents are with someone else. My mother knew that me and my boyfriend had sex but only now my father has found out. I understand that fathers d not want to know that their daughters are with someone serious and that sometimes mothers are more accepting of those type of things. But himself and his wife have completely over reacted about this situation, he is 'disappointed' and 'gutted' and I have been made out out be a '****' by his wife. I am so heartbroken by this reaction he wont speak to me and I haven't seen him in 2 weeks! Despite being upset about this I find it ridiculous, is he over reacting? What do I do? Please help ASAP! Anyone share a similar experience?

Not sure where you get the idea that mothers are more accepting of your sort of behaviour, but if any of my daughters behaved like that at 15, i would be well pissed off. As for your dad, he is angry, of course. You just need to give him time to come to terms with it and get over his disappointment.
Reply 3
Original post by Seamus123
Not sure where you get the idea that mothers are more accepting of your sort of behaviour, but if any of my daughters behaved like that at 15, i would be well pissed off. As for your dad, he is angry, of course. You just need to give him time to come to terms with it and get over his disappointment.

I think me and my mother have a more friendship base than others, I feel that because my mother is more open I can speak to her about more things than other daughters can with their mothers. I have a boyfriend, isn't that natural for relationships at this age to progress to that? I do not understand how parents can be disappointed. I can see that you are a parent, how can having sex in a relationship be disappointing?
Original post by DeNotoriousOne
No similar experience but I do feel sorry for u :frown:
There’s nothing I can think of that would be of help and ur current scenario seems quite sad indeed... hope things work out :console:

Spoiler

Ah same ! I'm about to turn 17 and I haven't kissed a boy yet :tongue:
I have four daughters and they didn’t sleep with anyone when they were 15.
the issue is that it takes time to adjust to changes, such as accepting that you are no longer his little girl. it will take time but he will eventually come around to accepting you are no longer of a young age and sex is therefore to be expected.
The loss of virginity is the loss of innocence. He's not angry that you threw it away - he's upset that you've grown up and become disgusting and vile like everyone else.
you let him down, and disappointed him
I think he may be gutted due to the fact of his view of you as his girl and now somebody else's girl. I would give him space and maybe prepare something to say to him that may make him feel less disappointed about it?

I am guessing you daughters either have not told you, or they didn't hav a relationship at that age
Don't put it about you **** if you can't face the music
Original post by Missradioactive
Ah same ! I'm about to turn 17 and I haven't kissed a boy yet :tongue:

Feels sad sometimes but then I’m like pshtttt that doesn’t matter I’m fine :cry: 16 years of not kissing anyone is nothin :cry2:.......
:eek4: what am I doin with my life!?!?!??
Original post by miamorgan7
My mother knew... But himself and his wife have completely over reacted about this situation, he is 'disappointed' and 'gutted' and I have been made out out be a '****' by his wife.

Right. Sex in your mid teens makes you a slut, but getting a divorce from a marriage in which you've had children, with the toll that takes on the children, and remarrying is A-OK?

Seems sort of rich to me that he should be throwing around such judgements.

I mean I don't recommend that you say that to him. Just an observation.
Reply 14
He'll get over it, he's being immature. You did it with someone who meant something to you and was special... he should be relieved, most don't have that these days. It's a pretty standard age to "lose your virginity" (such an outdated phrase). You're both teens with raging hormones, I don't know what else he would expect. You have to lose your virginity at some point, I think he's just upset that this really shows you're not "daddy's little girl" anymore, you're growing up. The only thing he would have the right to be upset with would be if you didn't use protection, and even then he should speak to you in a mature way. Not this. Just let time be a healer.
Original post by DeNotoriousOne
Feels sad sometimes but then I’m like pshtttt that doesn’t matter I’m fine :cry: 16 years of not kissing anyone is nothin :cry2:.......
:eek4: what am I doin with my life!?!?!??
:console:
Original post by Missradioactive
:console:

:laugh: :cheers: eyyyy tnx mate :biggrin:
Reply 17

that you know of...

and even if they didn't, so what? everyone is different and experiences different things. maybe if one of your daughters had been in the same shoes as OP, they would have.
Reply 18
Oh my AHAHAHA.... that thread title got me creasing....

Spoiler

keep it that way, till you get married to the one you love! no need to rush i always tell my daughter who is 18 and no boyfriend men will always be there, she should take her time this things should be done at the right time.

Latest