The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

all of my mates disliked more than due to how strict the box was
I've had a box from them for a few months now, its made me wary, especially because I can't actually access the site with feedback on my driving (my parents set it up), however i was recently surprised with a little congratulations letter and a debit card with cashback for safe driving so I don't have any complaints! I don't drive perfectly by any means so i can't imagine the box is that strict??
Original post by evaclifton
I've had a box from them for a few months now, its made me wary, especially because I can't actually access the site with feedback on my driving (my parents set it up), however i was recently surprised with a little congratulations letter and a debit card with cashback for safe driving so I don't have any complaints! I don't drive perfectly by any means so i can't imagine the box is that strict??

Ahh it’s an app that you have on your phone. Why do your parents have it? Lmao it’s your car. I also am on my way to earning £46! On a pre paid MasterCard which is great and my driving isn’t amazing but i get good scores!
Original post by Charleyhuntt
all of my mates disliked more than due to how strict the box was

It doesn’t seem strict anymore! Their isn’t a curfew
Okay guys I went driving today without my parents and my flipping score was -9 for speeding lol wow and overall was +1.0 I’m slightly annoyed COs I wasn’t speeding
Its a shared car so I wasn't the one who set up the insurance but I mostly drive it :tongue: I'm glad to hear its somewhat lenient!
Reply 8
Im on MoreThan as well, there isnt a proper curfew, but if you drive from 11pm to 5am, the score for your usage will be in the minus numbers aka red
Original post by 1Hunnid
Im on MoreThan as well, there isnt a proper curfew, but if you drive from 11pm to 5am, the score for your usage will be in the minus numbers aka red

I’m seeing so much hate for this company i feel extremely wary 😩
I’m with them now and as soon as I can I’m changing.

They were going to cancel my policy until I checked my emails last minute and was told to submit documentation through the app or it would be shut down. There’s also a time limit on when to get you black box fitted but that’s obvious.

They are ridiculously strict. Can’t drive more than like 3 journeys a day (however short), can’t drive after 11pm etc or your usage score will be so low. If you go over the limit by a FRACTION for just a second it’ll go down too. Smoothness is also very mean. I was in traffic in rush hour so A1 was a bit stop start and that made my smoothness go to -10. They may be cheap but it’s for a good reason, I’d rather pay more money for a better deal next time.
Original post by Anisah Zainab
I’m seeing so much hate for this company i feel extremely wary 😩

You gotta remember most people only leave reviews when something bad happens to them
Original post by emilyvioletxxx
I’m with them now and as soon as I can I’m changing.

They were going to cancel my policy until I checked my emails last minute and was told to submit documentation through the app or it would be shut down. There’s also a time limit on when to get you black box fitted but that’s obvious.

They are ridiculously strict. Can’t drive more than like 3 journeys a day (however short), can’t drive after 11pm etc or your usage score will be so low. If you go over the limit by a FRACTION for just a second it’ll go down too. Smoothness is also very mean. I was in traffic in rush hour so A1 was a bit stop start and that made my smoothness go to -10. They may be cheap but it’s for a good reason, I’d rather pay more money for a better deal next time.

Thats a lie. You can however many journeys in the day. On the weekend, I do like 20 journeys over the 2 days and do about 100 miles. The score isnt affected by that. They measure speed, smoothness and usage only
Original post by 1Hunnid
Thats a lie. You can however many journeys in the day. On the weekend, I do like 20 journeys over the 2 days and do about 100 miles. The score isnt affected by that. They measure speed, smoothness and usage only

I was told on the online chat thing that the amount of journeys in a day affects the usage. My speed and smoothness will be 10, but if I drive too much in that day my usage will go down.
SO what are Smart Wheels?
Original post by emilyvioletxxx
I was told on the online chat thing that the amount of journeys in a day affects the usage. My speed and smoothness will be 10, but if I drive too much in that day my usage will go down.

Im not sure then, it shouldnt make much of a difference though
Reply 16
I've had a black box policy with drive like a girl for 2/3 months now and I have no issues with it at all. Although I can't comment on speeding because I don't speed at all, I can accelerate and take corners as fast as I want and generally get to 70 in a short amount of time and they don't bat an eyelid
Reply 17
Original post by Anisah Zainab
Okay guys I went driving today without my parents and my flipping score was -9 for speeding lol wow and overall was +1.0 I’m slightly annoyed COs I wasn’t speeding

Ive had the same problem every once in a while and especially today Ive noticed it! I'm driving on a national speed limit road at 50-55 to make sure it scores me 10 (as it clearly says on the app in the tip section to drive slower and score higher) and after the app updated I scored -10?! And this isn't the first time it's done it (even in a 30mph zone I was scored low) after reading some reviews people have been saying to stay away from the company...
Drive smart are probably the cheapest and best black box insurance. they have no curfew, they dont count miles so if you go over you dont have to buy more and are very lenient.
Reply 19
Original post by Charleyhuntt
Drive smart are probably the cheapest and best black box insurance. they have no curfew, they dont count miles so if you go over you dont have to buy more and are very lenient.

Their website begs to differ.

Latest