The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

am i good enough for history and french

Am looking to study HIstory with French at a top uni, Cambridge/Durham etc.
Currently studying French, History and G&P at A-level. I also did a Scottish higher in French and German. Wondering whether these grades are good enough? Also, how much does having German higher improve my chances, as it increases my UCAS points. Worth knowing that my French is nearly fluent as I lived in France during my childhood.

Predicted A-levels:
French: A*
History: A*
G&P: A*

GCSE's (disappointing):
English lit: A
English lang: A
Maths; A
German A
History A
Biology B
D&T B
Chemistry A
Reply 1
You know you are so what’s the point of starting this thread
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
i know im good enough, but its how likely will get an offerl
Original post by hoynaf
You know you are so what’s the point of starting this thread
stop trying to show off by saying ur GCSEs r bad. i hate these type of people!!
Original post by RWA1Ker
Am looking to study HIstory with French at a top uni, Cambridge/Durham etc.
Currently studying French, History and G&P at A-level. I also did a Scottish higher in French and German. Wondering whether these grades are good enough? Also, how much does having German higher improve my chances, as it increases my UCAS points. Worth knowing that my French is nearly fluent as I lived in France during my childhood.

Predicted A-levels:
History: A*
G&P: A*

GCSE's (disappointing):
English lit: A
English lang: A
Maths; A
German A
History A
Biology B
D&T B
Chemistry A

Cambridge interviews most people, so you will probably be interviewed - whether you get an offer depends on how well you do at interview,

You will probably sit an admissions test - this also has a large say on whether you get an offer

GCSEs don't matter much for Cambridge
Reply 5
I didnt say that they were bad, i said i was disappointed as i was predicted all A*s @lol1223

Original post by lol1223
stop trying to show off by saying ur GCSEs r bad. i hate these type of people!!
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by RWA1Ker
I didnt say that they were bad, i said i was disappointed as i was predicted all A*s

oh fair enough sorry. btw i have my german gcse tomoz for L and R any tips for grade 9(a**)
Reply 7
read the questions and listen hard in the listening and you'll do fine. Soz for the generic answer.
Original post by lol1223
oh fair enough sorry. btw i have my german gcse tomoz for L and R any tips for grade 9(a**)
Of course you are, bro. Don't let anyone tell you different. Let's go for a drink when you get to Durham, yeah?

Quick Reply