The Student Room Group

Diane Abbott is a man?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5852681/BLACK-DOG-Diane-Abbott-causes-alarm-visits-wrong-chamber.html

It has been reported that the Shadow Home Secretary and Cambridge graduate has gone into a male lavatory, and when that was pointed out, she simply went into a cubicle.

Is the right honourable member of parliament now identifying as a man?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
That's what she said.
(edited 5 years ago)
She's David Lammy in drag. I thought everyone was aware of that.
She's someone from a working class background who got into Cambridge and graduated with a degree in history, going on to be the first Black female MP in British history. She has served in parliament for 30 years and won her seat at the last election with an increased majority, taking 75% of the vote and leaving the Conservatives 35,000 votes behind.

She also received almost half the total amount of abusive twitter posts sent to MP's during the last election, making her by far the biggest victim of right-wing bullies.
Reply 5
Original post by Lit teacher
She's someone from a working class background who got into Cambridge and graduated with a degree in history, going on to be the first Black female MP in British history. She has served in parliament for 30 years and won her seat at the last election with an increased majority, taking 75% of the vote and leaving the Conservatives 35,000 votes behind.

She also received almost half the total amount of abusive twitter posts sent to MP's during the last election, making her by far the biggest victim of right-wing bullies.

k, good for her, but that doesn't explain her going into the men's toilet though
Original post by Aranos
k, good for her, but that doesn't explain her going into the men's toilet though

Are you giving credence to this anonymous gossip in the Daily Mail? The paper that has had more complaints of lies proved against it than any other title in the UK, and is not considered reliable enough to be used as a source for Wikipedia?

"Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott caused alarm late on Monday by innocently wandering into the gents in the Commons. After a man standing at the urinals pointed out her mistake, she said ‘Sorry’ before calmly heading to one of the cubicals and closing the door"
Reply 7
That's an unfortunate headline...

Why are you so transphobic?
Original post by Aranos

and staying there
Original post by Ravenclaw's Ace
She's David Lammy in drag. I thought everyone was aware of that.

Do you know if Lammy/Abbott identifies as a fepeople or non-binary? Or just being a drag queen?
Original post by The Champion.m4a
Do you know if Lammy/Abbott identifies as a fepeople or non-binary? Or just being a drag queen?

Given that your president is a serial sex-offender and you have a self-confessed paedophile and white supremacist running for congress in Virginia we should feel honoured that you have taken the time to troll our MP for such a minor mistake.

Hope you get better soon.
Given that your president is a serial sex-offender and you have a self-confessed paedophile and white supremacist running for congress in Virginia we should feel honoured that you have taken the time to troll our MP for such a minor mistake.

My president is a serial sex offender? Virginia? I have never lived in the United States and I am not a national of the United States of America, so what are you talking about? I could think of three possible presidents of "mine", but none of them is a sex offender nor do they rule over Virginia.

"Our" MP? Right, so I guess you have decided that people you don't like must be foreign. Interesting.

I see you're extremely devastated that Diane might be trans, and you are utterly upset by my calling you out, but next time you should learn about English articles and preposition, perhaps also try to know the flags of the world, before coming for me.

(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by The Champion.m4a
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5852681/BLACK-DOG-Diane-Abbott-causes-alarm-visits-wrong-chamber.html

It has been reported that the Shadow Home Secretary and Cambridge graduate has gone into a male lavatory, and when that was pointed out, she simply went into a cubicle.

Is the right honourable member of parliament now identifying as a man?

Never knew she was a Cambridge graduate

I would have never guessed
can she/he add up some numbers yet?
Original post by L0renna
Never knew she was a Cambridge graduate

I would have never guessed

Her teachers never expected anything either.

She went to an all-fepeople college.
I refuse to click on links from the Daily Heil and give them a single penny, but 99% sure this was a total innocent accident, but of course they will try and smear Labour in any way they can. Great to see these right wing rags dying out.
Are you giving credence to this anonymous gossip in the Daily Mail? The paper that has had more complaints of lies proved against it than any other title in the UK, and is not considered reliable enough to be used as a source for Wikipedia?

The fact that the Daily Mail has been banned from Wikipedia as a potential source of information seems to me to be grossly unfair. As is mentioned in this particular article of The Guardian, of the number of stories that the Daily Mail produced in 2016, only a relatively trivial number were actually found to be inaccurate.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/feb/08/wikipedia-bans-daily-mail-as-unreliable-source-for-website

“Last year, the Daily Mail and MailOnline together published more than half a million stories and yet received just two upheld adjudications each for inaccuracy from the UK industry’s regulator IPSO.

“All those people who believe in freedom of expression should be profoundly concerned at this cynical politically motivated attempt to stifle the free press.”
Nick Griffin of the BNP also went to Cambridge. Unfortunately for Cambridge their selection system doesn't always work.
Enoch Powell went to Cambridge, got a double first. Looks like racist bigots can pass exams as well.

Quick Reply