Canvas/Eurocamp/Keycamp holiday work 08

Watch
Mccarroll
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
IS any doing this??? Im looking into it, it sounds good but alot of work. Has anyone done this before, I would like to know how much you get paid and where do you stay etc. thanks
walkjj
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
Hey I'm booked to be going to Brittany with Canvas this summer until october.

Apparently the pay isn't great. You'll get about 1200 for the season but have to use it on food and stuff I think.

But at the same time you do kinda get a holiday and if you like camping I would say go for it. The one thing is you may not end up where you wanted to go campsite wise. As in the region.
ele01
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
hey im going this summer....i wanted to go to spain, or italy but ended up in france leaving on sunday!! but nevremind. Never done it before but i love camping so also the pay is really bad...but you get acoomation/flights out of it, so not to bad if you ask me, plus its an expereince i just hope i get on with the tent mates lol
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I worked for Keycamp (same companny as Eurocamp, just different uniform) last summer. quote me in this thread if you have any questions.
ele01
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Reue)
I worked for Keycamp (same companny as Eurocamp, just different uniform) last summer. quote me in this thread if you have any questions.

ohhhhhhh i have every question to ask you...firstly did yu ejoy it? and what was your job role...how much clothes and that should I take, was everyone freindly, was it hard work? Im abit nervous that i would get on with my collegues, and that i dont have much customer service skills, hope you reply
Reue
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
- Yeah i enjoyed the people and interacting with the customers alot. If it hadnt have been for all the cleaning it would have been amazing

- My job role was campsite courier (the most common). Which basically means 60% cleaning/preparing accomodation and 40% customer services (dealing with complaints, paperwork, visiting etc)

- Only take 1 bag which you can move pretty easily. Your uniform comes in a seperate bag which they give you. I had to travel on 2 trains, 2 coaches and accross the Paris underground to get to my campsite so you have to be able to carry all your stuff quickly and easily!

- Everyone was very friendly. When you're all living in tents together for 3 months your eally get to know eachother. I was sharing my tent with 2 amazing hot ladies

- It was very hard work, make no mistake. You're literally working from 8am - 6/7pm everyday. If you're on duty then you may have to stay at the reception as late as 11pm. And of corse customers can come and find you at any time. The cleaning is particularly hard and very boring!

Overall it was great, i absoloutly loved it... but I'd never do it again! It's one of those things you do once and then never again :P
ele01
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ooh im courier aswell, i think it sucks abit that i dont knwo where i will be situated, all i know is that im gonna be in france!
Im thinking of taking a suitcase, do you think this will be okay?! and did you make any profit, and do you nede to take things to cook with, and plates.etc.?
Reue
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Suitcase is alright as long as it has wheels. The bag they give you for uniform is a duffle bag so you need to be able to walk with your cuitcase and that around your neck!

The pay is terrible, as Im sure you're aware. I spent quite a bit when I was out there on alcohol and visiting places. I think by the end of the summer I'd made about £300, which went straight on my new xbox 360 Basically, dont go there expecting to earn much!

You dont need to take any cooking things with you. Each campsite has a storetent which is literally filled with thousands of spare plates/knives/forks/bowls/bbqs/washing bowls/matresses/beds/etc etc etc. All you need to take are some clothes and yourself!
ele01
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
awesome im well excited!! lol how many clothes would you recommend cause obv you dont get that many days off...and how many uniform do you get like...(cause i dont wanna wash too much) loll
Reue
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ele01)
awesome im well excited!! lol how many clothes would you recommend cause obv you dont get that many days off...and how many uniform do you get like...(cause i dont wanna wash too much) loll
uniform is something like:

2 shirts
3 t-shirts
1 trousers
2 shorts
1 jacket
1 fleece
1 hat

Take as much or as little as you want. However remember the training is in Holland and yoour campsite is in France so you've gotta be able to travel with all your gear.
ele01
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
cheers lol so plenty of uniform then!!
Reue
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Aye we never really ran out
mrs_bellamy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm working for siblu atm, pretty similar to canvas/eurocamp except its all caravans, no tents. I'm a lifeguard though, not a courier. Been here 2 and a half months so far, its awesome! Hope you have a great time!!!
TrishS
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I posted somewhere or other a few times about my season last year... worked in SW France for Keycamp (Holidaybreak PLC... same as Reue)... going to go try dig those out before I start reminiscing. Reue's right tho.. do it once, without a doubt. It's hard work and terrible money, but sometimes I'm even mad enough to think about doing it again.

Same as... quote or message me for any more info.

Tx
mrs_bellamy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
What's with the only do it once? Obv I haven't worked for keycamp but I'd defo work for siblu again. I wouldn't do low season again, and 4 months it too long, but I'm thinking about coming back for 2 months next year, maybe at a different site though.
Reue
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think alot of it depends on the campsite you're assigned to and the team your with.

Unfortunatly my site wasnt near a beach, had quite bad weather, a team leader who didnt want to be a team leader (only returner in the area so got promoted on site) and an area manager who was just never in contact.

The hours are stupidly long, and the work is stupidly hard. And as I said, I absoloutly loved my time there, but I certainly wouldnt want to go through all the training and travelling again to get onsite.

Personally im a 'Been there, done that' kind of person. I've done the holiday courier thing once, and that was plenty enough for me. Now im off to do different things (spending a year in Australia) instead.
TrishS
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Same as Reue said.

The hours are stupidly long, the work is stupidly hard, the money does not make up for it.

...I didn't gel fantastically with my team leader, to be honest, although don't get me wrong, I did thoroughly enjoy my season. If nothing else, it's a free rubbish holiday.

Tx
ele01
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
finally here, so far its been good...very hard work though, tiring. but good all the same. on a mostly dutch campsite soo its really random, but thankfully they speak english too.
Would come back again, but on a diff site, also for longer as everyoen seems to have made their mates but in a good way i have been accepted so yay. see how things pan out though.
Reue
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Ah i loved the dutch customers. Always so nice and friendly.
madmike09100
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey my name is mike. I'm buzzing to work abroad on a camp this summer and I'm just hessetent on which camp/company to choose. Ive done my application for camp leaders america. And with that company its the same situation low pay good experience. But with camp america you pay something like £590 all together and that includes flights,food an acomadation then lowest u get paid is 800 us. I was just wondering how much is it with key camps . way up my options .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (5)
8.93%
I need help researching courses (5)
8.93%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
5.36%
I need help with my personal statement (24)
42.86%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (14)
25%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
3.57%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
5.36%

Watched Threads