The Student Room Group

Terrible 'weird' noises from colon area ruining my life

This is distressing to post so will summarise.

1. I get weird noises , not passing wind and not stomach grumbling coming from the colon and back passage area. It is a fizzle noise that can get very loud.

2. It comes when holding in wind and when not, sometimes near the surface. Sometimes abit deeper.

I normally suffer from bad flatulence but this is a strange noise that comes.

Can anyone help?
Reply 1
bump
you're going to have to talk to your gp, I'm sorry but no one can really help you on here. it will be alright, they deal with way more embarassing stuff. you could print this out and show it to them so you don't have to say it aloud. what I would say is don't hold in wind and don't hold in burps, as you are keeping the gas inside you..but I'm no medical expert.
Everyone on the student room is qualified to give you medical advice
Original post by Anonymous
This is distressing to post so will summarise.

1. I get weird noises , not passing wind and not stomach grumbling coming from the colon and back passage area. It is a fizzle noise that can get very loud.

2. It comes when holding in wind and when not, sometimes near the surface. Sometimes abit deeper.

I normally suffer from bad flatulence but this is a strange noise that comes.

Can anyone help?

It sounds pretty normal, tbh - I get the same. The only solutions are to either pass wind or avoids foods that give you wind .
It could be something you are eating. Try and see if there are any patterns or if you feel better after a week of no dairy for example. You could be intolerant to something or have IBS that is triggered by certain foods. Of course - best to talk to your GP and get it checked out but you could try a little self help and investigation in the meantime. With anything to do with your bowels be prepared that the doc may ask you for a poo sample :smile:

It can be really strange triggers. For example I know I can't eat sweet potato, coffee, soya, wheat, feta. When you suffer with unpredictable, noisy bowels you slowly but surly will discover things that your tummy doesn't like. I hope you start to feel better soon :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest