The Student Room Group

How do accomodations with less than 40 weeks work?

Do only the people who take courses which are less than 40 weeks go to these residence halls or do people have some sort of plan that I haven't heard of for the last few weeks? The best accommodations at the University of Warwick are 35 weeks each but my course is 40 weeks long so I wondered what happened during the weeks after the 35 weeks are over but the course isn't quite over yet.
does the 40 weeks include holidays (easter/xmas)

if it does then you would have to move out during them
Yeah, I think any accommodation lease shorter than the length of the course that year means moving out (and moving EVERYTHING in your room out too) during Christmas and Easter. So, during those five weeks (two instances of three weeks then two weeks, at Christmas and Easter respectively - I think) you'd have to move everything out and then back in again when the next term begins.
Reply 3
Ah I see, that makes sense. I counted up the weeks and it fits perfectly with the term dates given on the website if I exclude the Easter holidays. If I do end up going there, hopefully moving out for Easter won't be that big of a hassle.

Quick Reply

Latest