The Student Room Group

Vaginal Tears

Hi all,

I have recently got a Vaginal tear and it’s rediculously painful! It’s been about a week and I think it may be healing slowly but I have to go to work and it’s very very uncomfortable. It’s also made it impossible to sleep as no position helps it not hurt. Does anyone have any advice as to what to do! Is it worth calling my GP and asking them?
Try asking your GP for advice. Maybe they can recommend some medication to subside the pain.

Put a pillow to separate your legs tho.
I'd make an appointment to see a doctor. A week is quite a long time and you want to make sure there are no bigger issues (infection etc). If it heals up before your appointment you can always call and cancel it.
I had a similar issue in the past and spoke to a pharmacist, they recommended sudocrem or calamine cream, I tried sudocrem overnight and it worked a treat. I don't think my tear was as bad as yours sounds as mine was only painful for a couple of days. It's probably best to go see your GP as it's already been a week, by now it should at least be less painful. If you can't see a GP, go see a pharmacist for advice like I did :dontknow:

Quick Reply

Latest