ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find it?
    Please post whatever answer you remember ^^

ReputationRep:
    So hard! 100% failed

ReputationRep:
    Someone make a poll?

ReputationRep:
    Was better than paper 2, but still a kinda meh exam.I left out some of the smaller mark questions like about the carbons and log value/pcr
    4 marker on plant cloning was Shoot tips > explant > sterilise > callus , in whatever order

ReputationRep:
    I liked it but the DNA fragments question I had no idea about

ReputationRep:
    Was ok for me, I failed Q6 though 😂
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    what did everyone put for the ultrafiltration and tissue fluid question??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fuegocase)
    Was better than paper 2, but still a kinda meh exam.I left out some of the smaller mark questions like about the carbons and log value/pcr
    4 marker on plant cloning was Shoot tips > explant > sterilise > callus , in whatever order
    I agree! I didn't get all the one mark questions. And I put the same as you for the plants, but I saw on the other thread people saying it was root tips instead?

ReputationRep:
    For the sugar test question for phloem I put B and for liver I put A. For the probability question I got 0.75. For the disease one, I got 4 had the disease and 1 is a carrier. B had greater biodiversity than A. Someone pls confirm these xxxx

ReputationRep:
    It was ok but the one markers and the maths questions !!!!

ReputationRep:
    for the disease i put 2 had the disease & 3 were carriers and for the probability i got 0.75

ReputationRep:
    All the maths questions were a flop😭

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone do for the log question

ReputationRep:
    I want to cri ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caitlin mcdowall)
    what did everyone put for the ultrafiltration and tissue fluid question??
    similarities

both require the difference in hydrostatic pressure
    both happen in capillaries
    both produce oncotic pressure
    both require pressure gradient
    proteins, plasma cells, and blood cells remain in capillaries too large to go through fenestra
    both rely on fact oncotic pressure reabsorb water via osmosis
    plasma protein, blood cells and protein generate oncotic pressure
    fluid has to pass through endothelium of capillaries

differences

fluid in tissue fluid only go through one layer (endothelium)
    fluid in ultrafiltration go through 3 layers
    tissue fluid has lymphatic system, ultrafiltration does not have that system

ReputationRep:
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...139330&page=83

This thread has a lot of discussion of the answers in case anyone hasn't seen it! It might help with making the unofficial mark scheme

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by batoolzuberi)
    For the sugar test question for phloem I put B and for liver I put A. For the probability question I got 0.75. For the disease one, I got 4 had the disease and 1 is a carrier. B had greater biodiversity than A. Someone pls confirm these xxxx
    So for the biodiversity the higher value was the most diverse so it was either b or a can't remember which one had the higher, and for the genetics it was out of 6 children right? But you got 4 and 1 which makes five, I remember getting four but I'm not entirely sure about the questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cgoddard95)
    for the disease i put 2 had the disease & 3 were carriers and for the probability i got 0.75
    Yes I put 2 had disease 3 where carriers, in the other I got the probability of 7/8 because there were two possibilities of two daughters but hey don't know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by batoolzuberi)
    I got that b was 0.61 which is lower than a which is 0.71 so b has a lower biodiversity.

ReputationRep:
    I also got A as the one with higher biodiversity 0.71 compared to 0.61 for B. What did everyone put for the genotypes of onion plants. I put AaBB and Aabb

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 29, 2018

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.