is there any point of doing essay plans?

Watch
Rubindernaath K
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Many of my teachers tell me for essay based subjects essay plans are important for example for English, sociology etc but is it really necessary to do an essay plan during an exam and still get good marks because from my experience there is always a shortage of time.

thanks
Pearlfection1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes. Because it will give your essays coherence and a stream of thought.
3pointonefour
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For my English Lit GCSE I did essay plans as revision so I didn't waste time doing them in the exam. It is very useful if you know what to write about straight away and you have a sense of control and cohesion in your work
username3859374
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes!! But don't spend lots of time on them, note down topic areas and key points but don't basically write the whole paragraph in the plan if that makes sense?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
Yes, but if you are getting great marks without them then dont.
I think they are a good way of organising your thoughts and save time in the long run. They also help prevent mistakes.
xEmilyxx
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I did them at GCSE but didn't bother at A Level. I'm someone who would rather get stuck straight in and begin right away because I'm not the fastest writer out there. For my A2 English language exams however I planned lots of essay plans as part of my revision and one of the questions I planned ended up being a question on the paper which was great. You don't need to plan in the exam itself to do well, but having an idea of what you will write always helps.
username3955940
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I did essay plans the night before and memorised then for the exam for English lit A-Level. For psychology you usually do A01 first (describing what the thing you need to write about is e.g. behaviourist approach) and then write about A03 (evaluations). I guess in a way they’re already kind of there?
Rubindernaath K
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thanks for all the replies. They really helped. Yeah i think its best to make a short essay plan just incase
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (408)
52.31%
No (372)
47.69%

Watched Threads