What happens if you will fail LNAT test?? Watch

vickkyyx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I would like to become a lawyer but of course before that I need to take the LNAT test and then go onto law degree but what happens if I fail,do i need to take a gap year or can I do it like that >>>> Apply to Oxford/Durham for law degree but then,in the same time, apply to UCL to do Urban Planning,Design and Management (because I really enjoy Urban Planning too)
If I will sit my LNAT and later find out that I failed will I still have time to do Urban Planning at UCL or will I have to take other subject e.g.English or take a gap year?
Pugglet
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by vickkyyx)
I would like to become a lawyer but of course before that I need to take the LNAT test and then go onto law degree but what happens if I fail,do i need to take a gap year or can I do it like that >>>> Apply to Oxford/Durham for law degree but then,in the same time, apply to UCL to do Urban Planning,Design and Management (because I really enjoy Urban Planning too)
If I will sit my LNAT and later find out that I failed will I still have time to do Urban Planning at UCL or will I have to take other subject e.g.English or take a gap year?
I applied for both law degrees and politics degrees. As I had offers from both I just had to pick which one I wanted to do. As long as you don’t firm any choices till you’ve got your LNAT you’ll be fine.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
AzureCeleste
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
By the sounds of it Urban Planning is quite different to law(or am I wrong?), not all uni's will accept two personal statements(some may) which you would need to write in the case of this.
Do you think you are going to fail the LNAT?
Pugglet
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AzureCeleste)
By the sounds of it Urban Planning is quite different to law(or am I wrong?), not all uni's will accept two personal statements(some may) which you would need to write in the case of this.
Could always write a joint personal statement? It would be difficult but doable
vickkyyx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pugglet)
I applied for both law degrees and politics degrees. As I had offers from both I just had to pick which one I wanted to do. As long as you don’t firm any choices till you’ve got your LNAT you’ll be fine.
so there shouldn't be any problems.In a way that I will apply for law degree but then don't pass the LNAT (let's hope that I will pass hahahaha) but I will still be able to go to do other course in a different uni yeah?
AzureCeleste
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Could always write a joint personal statement? It would be difficult but doable
True, but it shows less commitment to the course which some uni's won't look upon favourably.
vickkyyx
Rep:
?
I don't think so because I had it go in doing one from the official website and I didn't do that bad,I mean I had more than a half of marks plus the questions at the end were similar to the ones i had for GCSE sociology but still I am scared that I will and that then I won't know what I will do because I don't want to take a gap year
Pugglet
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
so there shouldn't be any problems.In a way that I will apply for law degree but then don't pass the LNAT (let's hope that I will pass hahahaha) but I will still be able to go to do other course in a different uni yeah?
I didn’t take the LNAT as the unis I applied to didn’t require it but there shouldn’t be a problem in you doing the other courses if you get an offer
Pugglet
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
True, but it shows less commitment to the course which some uni's won't look upon favourably.
That’s true, I managed it but mine weren’t too different
AzureCeleste
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't think so because I had it go in doing one from the official website and I didn't do that bad,I mean I had more than a half of marks plus the questions at the end were similar to the ones i had for GCSE sociology but still I am scared that I will and that then I won't know what I will do because I don't want to take a gap year
Think optimistically. Don't think negatively concerning it- revise properly for it and you'll be fine.
If worse comes to worse then you take a gap year, it isn't the end of the world-you could travel and see the world or even just choose to earn some money which will come in useful for when you do start uni
vickkyyx
Rep:
?
That’s true, I managed it but mine weren’t too different
which ones have you done?
Pugglet
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
which ones have you done?
I did my statement for law and politics
London090
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I thin that a gap year would be a good idea, you don't have to take another course which you aren't that passionate about as I personally think that wouldn't end well. Take a gap year and then re-sit the LNAT then apply to uni for law❤️ I hope it works out fine.
JohanGRK
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You can't fail the LNAT - only get a crap result. If you do end up getting a crap result, you can still get into Bristol, Birmingham and SOAS (depending on how crap the result is).

Don't apply to two radically different courses in one cycle. Most unis don't give a **** about the P.S. as long as it's somewhat relevant, but a law tutor reading an essay on urban planning (and vice versa) isn't gonna be impressed.

The subjects you'll be taking at A-level don't matter much for undergrad law, as long as they're not complete and utter tripe. You might want to check UCL's website as to whether this is true for Urban Planning. Keep the subjects you're doing, and make sure that you're doing well in them. Grades > the actual name of the subject.

From my experience, most people have a 'natural limit' for the LNAT, above which they simply can't operate. You can incrementally boost your marks by learning a few tricks (e.g. read questions first, then read the text while repeating them to yourself), but, beyond that point, your result seems to be down to your innate ability. Don't overestimate your ability to improve - you'll need an improvement of several points to bring you into Oxford/UCL territory, which corresponds to around 30 to 40 percentiles. That's a big difference, and you'll be staking your gap year on being able to deliver that improvement second time round.
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Moved to Law
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (190)
12.74%
Excited (123)
8.25%
Worried (279)
18.71%
Terrified (343)
23%
Meh (124)
8.32%
Confused (35)
2.35%