The Student Room Group

Work interview

I have got a B&Q interview on Thursday and we got told to prepare a five minute talk about your chosen product from B&Q but I do not know what to choose and what to talk about!! what should i pick, or what did you pick if you worked for the store.
Original post by Anonymous
I have got a B&Q interview on Thursday and we got told to prepare a five minute talk about your chosen product from B&Q but I do not know what to choose and what to talk about!! what should i pick, or what did you pick if you worked for the store.

https://www.diy.com/departments/blooma-200-orange-rockwell-charcoal-barbecue/1855506_BQ.prd

With the lovely weather, do you fancy a barbecue with the friends and family? Well, look no further than the ...., which will suit all of your grilling needs. Weighing under 20kg, it's easy to move around. At 1080mm tall, it's a great height for not having to bend over. The steel means that ...

...this product comes with free next day delivery. Customers who are interested in this also bought...

So check out this barbecue today, and enjoy sizzling in the sizzling sunshine.

5 minutes is a killer. Good luck.
Original post by Kevin De Bruyne
https://www.diy.com/departments/blooma-200-orange-rockwell-charcoal-barbecue/1855506_BQ.prd

With the lovely weather, do you fancy a barbecue with the friends and family? Well, look no further than the ...., which will suit all of your grilling needs. Weighing under 20kg, it's easy to move around. At 1080mm tall, it's a great height for not having to bend over. The steel means that ...

...this product comes with free next day delivery. Customers who are interested in this also bought...

So check out this barbecue today, and enjoy sizzling in the sizzling sunshine.

5 minutes is a killer. Good luck.

Hi, I have the same task to complete next week- It's my first ever interview and I'm quite nervous. Do you have any tips? I honestly don't think I can even come close to 5 minutes talking about a product. Thanks
Original post by Ethan100
Hi, I have the same task to complete next week- It's my first ever interview and I'm quite nervous. Do you have any tips? I honestly don't think I can even come close to 5 minutes talking about a product. Thanks

You'll be fine, once you're in there and reeling off what you've practiced you'll be fine. 5 minutes does seem a very long time and I doubt they expect you to fill it - just find something interesting, maybe look up some adverts on YouTube to see what kind of stuff they say, write something out and then read it whilst timing it.

good luck
Reply 4
Original post by Ethan100

Write a rough script and learn it to death. The time will go so quickly when you do it - don't worry.
Thanks! When Im nervous I tend to talk fast so the 5 minutes might turn into just above 3. How many people are usually taking part in the activity?

I'll practice and see what happens :smile:
Reply 6
Start by choosing something that you already know a little bit about, that’s not going to be difficult when B&Q stock everything from Hot Tubs to Hammers.

Next, remember that the key to selling something is the qualified statement. So if you’re making a statement then explain why something is so...

I like hot tubs... = So what?
I like hot tubs because... = So much better.
I like hot tubs because ... , what do you like about them? Well that’s great because this one does that as well as.... you should buy one. = when can you start?
Original post by BigASPL
Start by choosing something that you already know a little bit about, that’s not going to be difficult when B&Q stock everything from Hot Tubs to Hammers.

Next, remember that the key to selling something is the qualified statement. So if you’re making a statement then explain why something is so...

I like hot tubs... = So what?
I like hot tubs because... = So much better.
I like hot tubs because ... , what do you like about them? Well that’s great because this one does that as well as.... you should buy one. = when can you start?

Thanks! Its all from memory right? Are little cards allowed?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending