The Student Room Group

Belgium vs Panama

Scroll to see replies

Original post by S.G.
Enjoy your rep from Marshmellow’s Dad.

Enjoy yours too
Original post by S.G.
I only rate Ronaldo, Messi, Bale, and perhaps Modric/Kroos ahead of him. I’d only swap Hazard for Messi or Ronaldo.

I know. But I just said he’s created the fifth most chances in the top 5 leagues since 2012/13. There’s an issue with finishing his chances off. Diego Costa, and even then only in the first half of seasons, is a capable finisher. Otherwise he’s had Torres, Morata, Willian, Pedro as his partners.

Even then like I say his contribution isn’t best quantified by goals and assists. It’s his ability to move the ball forward and create space for his teammates. Belgium second goal today a prime example.

So it's his teammates fault he doesn't have better numbers?

With respect he plays for Chelsea, not some nobody team with bang average forwards. There are players from much, much worse teams than Hazard who posted double or neearly triple the assists he did last season.
Original post by bj27
Tactical systems.

Look at vardy record at Leicester, do you think that vardy would replicate his 15/16 form at peps barca?

Look at Pogba, Rashford and martial e.g. And their form under he who must not be named compared to Allegri and van Gaal.

I know that tactical systems matter but he is the key player at one of the biggest clubs in Europe. People were saying yesterday he is better than Neymar which is an utterly ridiculous claim, he is nowhere close to Neymar.
Original post by S.G.
Your beloved called him the best in England and only behind Messi. Thoughts?

Pr̶e̶m̶i̶e̶r̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶g̶u̶e̶ ̶m̶e̶r̶c̶h̶a̶n̶t̶ He's a good player.

Original post by S.G.
Enjoy your rep from Marshmellow’s Dad.

Since when did Jam become TSRs resident blow job merchant? bj27?!
Reply 43
Original post by mojojojo101
So it's his teammates fault he doesn't have better numbers?

With respect he plays for Chelsea, not some nobody team with bang average forwards. There are players from much, much worse teams than Hazard who posted double or neearly triple the assists he did last season.

I know that tactical systems matter but he is the key player at one of the biggest clubs in Europe. People were saying yesterday he is better than Neymar which is an utterly ridiculous claim, he is nowhere close to Neymar.

Torres was below bang average. Diego Costa is excellent I admit but he was injured in 2014/15 for a fair few games, had a disaster along with everyone (Hazard included, who was injured) in 2015/16 and then went completely missing since 2017. Costa has 9 league goals since 01/01/2017. Morata have you seen that guys finishing? Have you seen Willian? Have you seen Pedro? If you watch these guys week in week out you’ll realise they are proper bang average players.

Remove Hazard. Think of Fabregas. Fantastic creative player but barely any assists. 7% of his chances created were converted. Compare that to 15% of De Bruyne’s and 30% of Pogba’s.
Reply 44
Original post by trapking

Given that bum Lukaku an international career.

Ffs
Reply 45
Original post by trapking

Im a receiver bro.
Original post by S.G.
Torres was below bang average. Diego Costa is excellent I admit but he was injured in 2014/15 for a fair few games, had a disaster along with everyone (Hazard included, who was injured) in 2015/16 and then went completely missing since 2017. Costa has 9 league goals since 01/01/2017. Morata have you seen that guys finishing? Have you seen Willian? Have you seen Pedro? If you watch these guys week in week out you’ll realise they are proper bang average players.

Remove Hazard. Think of Fabregas. Fantastic creative player but barely any assists. 7% of his chances created were converted. Compare that to 15% of De Bruyne’s and 30% of Pogba’s.

Your comparing him to players at actual top clubs.

He doesn't compare well to players at much lower clubs though. He has a 1/3 or less assists than Luis Alberto (Celta), Philip Max (Augsburg), Payet (Marseille), Memphis (Lyon).

Maybe he just isn't creating chances of any real quality.
Reply 47

He doesn't compare well to players at much lower clubs though. He has a 1/3 or less assists than Luis Alberto (Celta), Philip Max (Augsburg), Payet (Marseille), Memphis (Lyon).

This is from this season only.

Reply 48

Luis alberto at lazio, has Felipe Anderson, Savic and immobile in a weaker league.

Depay, has Mariano, fekir and traore in a weaker league.

Marseille have thauvin.

Lower level clubs but you have to look at the opposition they face

Quick Reply

Latest