The Student Room Group

Should i break up with him?

iam a 28 year old female. i met this guy who is 23 year old. we had a good time the first time we met, had romance and stuff but the problem is iam 28 years old and he is 23. he doesnt know my age yet and if i tell him the truth he will anyway lose interest in me so should i just call him and tell him that we cant hang out together because im older to him? because i dont want to be in a relation that doesnt lead anywhere.
How old did you tell him you are
Reply 2
dont let the age gap get in the way. im a 18 next week dating a long distance guy whos 22 in july and we have been dating for 5 years in october. we never let the age gap get in the way because we think age is nothing. its whether you take them for who they are. as yourself 'where do you think you'll find yourelf in five years time'? 'do you really like/love this guy'? im sure that if you told him he wouldnt mind, dont let it be a problem that your older than him. what if it was him your age and that he would be thinking the same thing. i guess its just you need to be truthful about yourself ok. dont let anything get in the way of who you are.
P.S i have faith in you
There's no need to make a big thing out of the age issue.
Age is just a number, its personal qualities and ambitions that really matter.

But it is a point to consider, some 23 year old men aren't looking for serious relationships. Some are.
Same as some 37 year old women refuse to date men the same age or older than them- preferring men in their 20's who make them feel younger and more carefree.

Personally I only date men older than me.
I'm not attracted to men in my own age group.

Original post by sangeeta45
iam a 28 year old female. i met this guy who is 23 year old. we had a good time the first time we met, had romance and stuff but the problem is iam 28 years old and he is 23. he doesnt know my age yet and if i tell him the truth he will anyway lose interest in me so should i just call him and tell him that we cant hang out together because im older to him? because i dont want to be in a relation that doesnt lead anywhere.
Reply 4
yes i totally agree with you, and thats what i dont understand about men these days they are only there for one thing. and what i always say is there is bound to be someone there and you will think oh yeah i was wrong there are some guys who are better and do actually want something out of a relationship that counts
Age is just a number! If he liked you at the start he should still like you now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending