Aimeekh
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Anyone whose studied/studying A-level Psychology got any advice or opinions on the subject, maybe about content and study methods? Or helpful textbooks?

[edit] I’m aware I failed to spell psychology correctly in the title
katie091000
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I take Psychology A Level and I love it- at times it can be quite tricky and difficult to get your head around, but it's so interesting
katie091000
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by katie091000)
I take Psychology A Level and I love it- at times it can be quite tricky and difficult to get your head around, but it's so interesting
In terms of content, it depends what exam board you are going to be using. I'm on AQA and I have covered social influence, memory, psychopathology (my favourite,) attachment and research methods.

Psychology is not an easy subject, so be prepared for that. I find it so interesting though and if you are going to be on AQA, I recommend a textbook called the, 'Green haired girl AQA Psychology textbook year one,' and the 'AQA Psychology Mask textbook.'
Aimeekh
Rep:
?
(Original post by katie091000)
In terms of content, it depends what exam board you are going to be using. I'm on AQA and I have covered social influence, memory, psychopathology (my favourite,) attachment and research methods.

Psychology is not an easy subject, so be prepared for that. I find it so interesting though and if you are going to be on AQA, I recommend a textbook called the, 'Green haired girl AQA Psychology textbook year one,' and the 'AQA Psychology Mask textbook.'
Thank you, this has been very helpful
Aimeekh
Rep:
?
*psychology*
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (189)
15.5%
Uncertainty around my education (199)
16.32%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (119)
9.76%
Isolating with family (85)
6.97%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (47)
3.86%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (105)
8.61%
Loneliness (118)
9.68%
Financial worries (52)
4.27%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (110)
9.02%
Exposure to negative news/social media (89)
7.3%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (106)
8.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise