The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Thank you for starting this thread. I'm looking to apply for 2018/2019 intake but my parents are so sceptical (I believe human trafficking was a talking point in our conversation). I opted to apply with Tutelage as they are quite reputable and have a high success rate. Aside from that, I don't really know what to expect and I'm not getting as much support from my family as I'd like ☹️. I just wish they showed a greater interest because it feels like I'm doing this alone.
Reply 2
Original post by Meme-chan2
Thank you for starting this thread. I'm looking to apply for 2018/2019 intake but my parents are so sceptical (I believe human trafficking was a talking point in our conversation). I opted to apply with Tutelage as they are quite reputable and have a high success rate. Aside from that, I don't really know what to expect and I'm not getting as much support from my family as I'd like ☹️. I just wish they showed a greater interest because it feels like I'm doing this alone.

Hey! Im applying from the States and this is the best decision I've ever made! I got my bachelors but going to med school here is just pointless.. if I want to go to a good school, the tuition starts from $80K a year (books/room and board not included), I have to sit an 8 hour MCAT exam (!), after the 4 years of med school I still won't be able to practice medicine and will have to do residency from 3 to 10 years. Bulgaria is a smart option because you get a classic 6 years med education for cheap, the lifestyle there is pretty good (also cheap), and it's def worth it. Also as far as I know from friends, a lot of UK students choose MU-Varna as well (not sure if any US students do that haha).

If you could, I advise you to try applying by yourself. It's pretty easy. MU-Varna has a platform for the e-application where you can also find a "Message" option where you can ask questions and they can get in touch with you if they need more info.

It's funny you mentioned the human trafficking point. I was a representative of UNICEF back in 2016 for "Not my Life", human trafficking awareness event. Statistically looked at this, the US has the highest numbers compared to any other country. Bulgaria is not part of that statistic... at all!

Remember that you are your greatest supporter in this. Let me know if you have any specific questions.
Original post by deniis_t
Hey! Im applying from the States and this is the best decision I've ever made! I got my bachelors but going to med school here is just pointless.. if I want to go to a good school, the tuition starts from $80K a year (books/room and board not included), I have to sit an 8 hour MCAT exam (!), after the 4 years of med school I still won't be able to practice medicine and will have to do residency from 3 to 10 years. Bulgaria is a smart option because you get a classic 6 years med education for cheap, the lifestyle there is pretty good (also cheap), and it's def worth it. Also as far as I know from friends, a lot of UK students choose MU-Varna as well (not sure if any US students do that haha).

If you could, I advise you to try applying by yourself. It's pretty easy. MU-Varna has a platform for the e-application where you can also find a "Message" option where you can ask questions and they can get in touch with you if they need more info.

It's funny you mentioned the human trafficking point. I was a representative of UNICEF back in 2016 for "Not my Life", human trafficking awareness event. Statistically looked at this, the US has the highest numbers compared to any other country. Bulgaria is not part of that statistic... at all!

Remember that you are your greatest supporter in this. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Anyone interested in applying to MU-Varna for dentistry or medicine, ask questions here; people who already got through the entry exam, please share your experience :smile:

If I knew exactly what I was doing I would apply by myself. Hehe. I'm still trying to convince my parents to at least consider it as I am confident that I stand greater chance of being accepted in Bulgaria than I do in England. This has to be one of the most stressful times of my life
Reply 4
If I knew exactly what I was doing I would apply by myself. Hehe. I'm still trying to convince my parents to at least consider it as I am confident that I stand greater chance of being accepted in Bulgaria than I do in England. This has to be one of the most stressful times of my life

I've been in your shoes too.. Just apply as a plan B. I think it's better to have more options than to have a gap year.

http://mu-varna.bg/EN/Admission/Pages/applicationdocuments.aspx this is very helpful, also you can e-mail them, they respond relatively fast - [email protected]
I've been in your shoes too.. Just apply as a plan B. I think it's better to have more options than to have a gap year.

http://mu-varna.bg/EN/Admission/Pages/applicationdocuments.aspx this is very helpful, also you can e-mail them, they respond relatively fast - [email protected]

Any body knows about the weightage of the UK A level Chemistry and Biology exam results. And the Varna entrance tests. How do they calculate the aggregate to arrive at the ranking?? I called them but could not understand even though the lady on the phone is very helpfull. I bought Handbook of Biology and Chemistry Test Items: for The Entrance Tests at Medical University of Varna,,, I find it very easy,, Are there any more preparation needed??
Reply 6
Original post by ukmed2018
Any body knows about the weightage of the UK A level Chemistry and Biology exam results. And the Varna entrance tests. How do they calculate the aggregate to arrive at the ranking?? I called them but could not understand even though the lady on the phone is very helpfull. I bought Handbook of Biology and Chemistry Test Items: for The Entrance Tests at Medical University of Varna,,, I find it very easy,, Are there any more preparation needed??

from what I've heard the final grades that you have in bio and chem are very important; the entry exam is just to prove your knowledge. I red different discussions from previous years in the forum and everyone is saying the the handbook should be enough to prepare. Has anyone taken the exam in April or will take the one this month? I'm registered for the one in July.
from what I've heard the final grades that you have in bio and chem are very important; the entry exam is just to prove your knowledge. I red different discussions from previous years in the forum and everyone is saying the the handbook should be enough to prepare. Has anyone taken the exam in April or will take the one this month? I'm registered for the one in July.

I'm so worried about my A level results. Urghhhh
Reply 8
does anyone know if they are giving periodic tables during the chem entry exam??
My parents don't want to sign the contract until i have my results. I don't know what to do
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 10
My parents don't want to sign the contract until i have my results. I don't know what to do

just try talking with them and see everything from your perspective, after all they believe they do the best for you
When is everyone doing the exam and also can we have a whatsapp group chat. If everyone personal messages me their numbers I can make one. It will be easier to communicate and revise togather
just try talking with them and see everything from your perspective, after all they believe they do the best for you

Also depending on what agency. If you don't get a place they will give all the money back. Ask your agency about it. Also what agency are you using? Make sure you sit down and talk to your parent to try to get them to understand. C and above in bio and chem you're good :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Kankmedicine
When is everyone doing the exam and also can we have a whatsapp group chat. If everyone personal messages me their numbers I can make one. It will be easier to communicate and revise togather

I'm going for the one on the 21st (July). There's also like an "open doors" day the 20th. Add me on insta: deniis_t
I'm going for the one on the 21st (July). There's also like an "open doors" day the 20th. Add me on insta: deniis_t

Mine is on 23rd in London

When do they publish your ranking list if you sit on 21st?
They said they publish the ranking list on 10th Aug if I can submit all the paper's on time
Mine is on 23rd in London

are you doing the entry exam in the holiday inn illford? newsbury park
Reply 17
hey is anyone doing the entry exam on sept 8th in varna?
Reply 18
When do they publish your ranking list if you sit on 21st?
They said they publish the ranking list on 10th Aug if I can submit all the paper's on time

yea, like the week after Aug 10th they should publish it.
Reply 19
Original post by hasan_s
hey is anyone doing the entry exam on sept 8th in varna?

im thinking about it lol

Latest