4 Medical Schools UCAS Watch

username4136968
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi!

I am choosing my 4 medical schools for UCAS.

My list of med schools:
- Imperial
- Queen Mary
- Nottingham
- Kings
- Liverpool
- Keele
- Birmingham
- Manchester
- UCL
- Brighton and Sussex

I would like to gather some information about
- Teaching style and the course (I’m thinking of choosing the ones with integrated course)
- Student support
- Student satisfaction eg drop out rate because I’ve researched and some uni have got low student satisfaction (still I want to know from your personal experience)
- Teaching facilities (dissection, e learning, virtual reality, simulation, libraries)
- Accommodation
- Life in that city (student union, ease of transport to and from uni)

If you are currently studying medicine or finished from any of these schools, could you please help me provide some information based on your personal experience? I would really appreciate your help. Btw, I’m an international student studying A levels.

THANK YOU SO SO MUCH 🙏🏻
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Student Satisfaction is relative and will depend on each person. Larger uni's will most likely be more busier and noisy and as such not suit the quieter person who would give it a low rating versus someone who is the opposite.

The medic portal has a lot of resources for comparing uni's and giving info on them:
https://www.themedicportal.com/appli...omparisontool/
This information can also be found on the individual unis websites

Accomodation isn't really a big deal at the end of the day, all uni's will have some accomodation.

Also note, upon taking the UKCAT your choices may change. I had a friend who was intending on applying to 3UKCAT and 1 BMAT uni. Her UKCAT didn't go well and so she completely changed all her choices. She applied to 1 UKCAT uni(not one of the original 3) which didn't require a high score and 3 BMAT uni's. Take this into consideration as well.

If you have any other q's, let me know.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
18.82%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
10.06%
No I am happy with my course choice (397)
57.04%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (98)
14.08%

Watched Threads