The Student Room Group
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton

Uni Life!

Hello! I'm going to be attending Solent starting September. I've got my conditional offer which I'll hit my conditions for and I have sorted out my accommodation
Even though I am excited to start I'm also very nervous. large groups of people that I don't know intimidate me a lot and I'm worried that I'm not going to fit into Uni life as well as others. I don't drink or go out at all because that's not what I enjoy. But because of this I am worried about not being able to make friends with others.
I also find it difficult to come out of my shell and I usually just come across to people as being stupidly shy.

Can anyone here offer any advice at all about adapting to this all? Much appreciated.
Original post by __Cassie
Hello! I'm going to be attending Solent starting September. I've got my conditional offer which I'll hit my conditions for and I have sorted out my accommodation
Even though I am excited to start I'm also very nervous. large groups of people that I don't know intimidate me a lot and I'm worried that I'm not going to fit into Uni life as well as others. I don't drink or go out at all because that's not what I enjoy. But because of this I am worried about not being able to make friends with others.
I also find it difficult to come out of my shell and I usually just come across to people as being stupidly shy.

Can anyone here offer any advice at all about adapting to this all? Much appreciated.

Make sure you sill get involved with freshers! The university should provide lots of activities to suit everyone so you will still make friends. See if you can find your flat mates before you start as well and get ahead. I found two of mine and three course mates on Facebook and TSR before starting!

Most of all, good luck and enjoy yourself!
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton
Original post by __Cassie

Hi @__Cassie :smile:

If you would like to get to know your flatmates before you come to University, you can join the Facebook group associated with your accommodation.

As mentionned by @carrotstar, participating to Freshers Week is great way to make friends. If you don't drink or don't enjoy going out, that's perfectly fine. The Student Union organises nights in, where you can watch films.

Another way to meet people is through joining a society. During Freshers Week, there will be a Freshers Fair where you will be able to see the different societies. If you want to know more about the existing societies, please follow this link: https://www.solentsu.co.uk/get-involved/societies/find-a-society/

I hope this helps :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending