do you drink tap water? Watch

s817
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
i used to but haven't for almost a year because it's contains water from sewage system and used tap water. They say once it's gone back to the taps, it is ok to drink but how can it be when there's been all sorts in there. you can't kill any diseases that have gone in there from the filter system they use, it only seperates crap from the water and many chemicals go into it. not to mention all the pipes it goes into to get to your taps. those pipes and inside the taps aren't clean and are never cleaned so how can it be safe to drink?
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There's been "all sorts" in there, now there isn't. You're phrasing this as if water has memory.
The vast majority of the water that exists on earth is around 4 billion years old. Nobody gets sick from tap water in this country. Not to mention the fact that bottled water is often just tap water with a crazy markup.
MayoJack
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Bottled water is just as clean as tap water. If you think you're going to die from tap water, you're just as likely to from bottled. There's also the added fact that tap water isn't dangerous and won't kill you.
Axiomasher
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I like to drink out of the toilet bowl, makes life feel more real that way.
alexvicar
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i drink tap water 90% of the time i think it tastes better and i'm not wasting plastic
natty_b
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I only really drink bottled water if I'm outside and there isn't a tap
black tea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Tap water is perfectly safe to drink in the UK. In some places (like London) it tastes pretty vile so I choose to drink bottled water, but otherwise I drink from the tap.

Do you also use bottled water to make tea and coffee?
Bill Nye
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Bottled water = tap water but more expensive

Pretty much

Tap water tastes ten times better.

I only buy bottled water at school if I forget to bring a bottle that I can fill up.
Even then I reuse that bottle by filling it up with tap water.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
Most of the time.

Ops explanation isnt always true or is just plain wrong.

Where you live in the country affects the water you get. London SE Water is very hard , scummy and tastes crap, so a filter or bottled water is understandable.
UK tap water safe and often purer than bottled water.
Decipher
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
95% of the population drink tapwater......
If it clear.....
tastes like water

it's water.....bottles water is just a waste of plastic and expensive.....but on the go it's "convenient"
Carpe Diem Jay
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by s817)
i used to but haven't for almost a year because it's contains water from sewage system and used tap water. They say once it's gone back to the taps, it is ok to drink but how can it be when there's been all sorts in there. you can't kill any diseases that have gone in there from the filter system they use, it only seperates crap from the water and many chemicals go into it. not to mention all the pipes it goes into to get to your taps. those pipes and inside the taps aren't clean and are never cleaned so how can it be safe to drink?
Alright you do you yeah but lemme ask you real quick, why ain't you dead or dying from the 15 years (student forum - guessing your age) or so of drinking sewage water? Reckon you've just been getting lucky or that it's been cleaned?

Okay, I'm probably being a bit harsh, perhaps in some areas the water is worse than others.
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do you prefer purina, sheba or whiskas for breakfast?

(Original post by Axiomasher)
I like to drink out of the toilet bowl, makes life feel more real that way.
s817
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by black tea)
Tap water is perfectly safe to drink in the UK. In some places (like London) it tastes pretty vile so I choose to drink bottled water, but otherwise I drink from the tap.

Do you also use bottled water to make tea and coffee?
I don't drink tea or coffee
MKaur18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by s817)
In Britain, we use 2 billion litres of bottled water a year. The industry in the UK is worth £2 billion a year ranging from mineral to spring to purified to well water.

Pros:
It is monitored by the Food Standards Agency which has fairly strict guidelines on what can and can’t be put on the label, ensuring high-quality drinking water. Lead levels in bottled water are lower than those in tap water according to reports. Bottled water comes in many different flavours and you can opt for carbonated.

Cons:
Only a small proportion of water bottles can be recycled, leaving the rest to be disposed of in landfill sites.
Tap water seems to taste gross in some areas for me, especially in certain parts of London. Also, tap water can have lead in it too, while Certain pollutants such as personal care products and pharmaceutical drugs have been found in tap water.

People have been drinking tap water for more than a couple of years, but centuries. Yes, bottled water tastes better and has its benefits, but unfortunately it's transported in plastic, which is why i'm not a fan of buying them. Tap water contains lead, but it doesn't use plastic 'directly'.
PrinceOfOrange
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
bottled water is the biggest con going
melliottme
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes filtered for drinking and cooking.
Shadowdraconis
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by s817)
Then just boil the water and filter it yourself! Then you know yourself that it's clean!
That's what my family do (and then we put it in a massive water jar so we always have nice limescaleless water) cos it tastes nicer without the limescale in it too.
as125
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Nah, man only drinks bottled water
Shadowdraconis
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by MKaur18)
In Britain, we use 2 billion litres of bottled water a year. The industry in the UK is worth £2 billion a year ranging from mineral to spring to purified to well water.

Pros:
It is monitored by the Food Standards Agency which has fairly strict guidelines on what can and can’t be put on the label, ensuring high-quality drinking water. Lead levels in bottled water are lower than those in tap water according to reports. Bottled water comes in many different flavours and you can opt for carbonated.

Cons:
Only a small proportion of water bottles can be recycled, leaving the rest to be disposed of in landfill sites.
Tap water seems to taste gross in some areas for me, especially in certain parts of London. Also, tap water can have lead in it too, while Certain pollutants such as personal care products and pharmaceutical drugs have been found in tap water.

People have been drinking tap water for more than a couple of years, but centuries. Yes, bottled water tastes better and has its benefits, but unfortunately it's transported in plastic, which is why i'm not a fan of buying them. Tap water contains lead, but it doesn't use plastic 'directly'.
Almost all the cons can be solved by investing in a kettle and water filter, SO STOP KILLING FISH AND DESTROYING THE OCEANS (AS WELL AS ENTIRE EARTH) PEOPLE!!!!
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Unless I'm having tea or coffee, I drink bottled water. Tap water tastes weird to me - although I don't know if that's specific to London tap water or just a general characteristic.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (95)
49.22%
No (98)
50.78%

Watched Threads