Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Before you mention, I know year 9 exams mean **** all but I still want to do alright because I am doing it for GCSE (why did I pick it when we didn't have to do a language? I am rubbish at it and should have picked history lol).

At my school for the exams we are doing a foundation reading / listening.

I literally cannot do the listening at all.
    Are there any relatively quick ways to get better at it (it is next week lol)?

But on a side note I am absolutely ****ed for the English exams.

ReputationRep:
    Have you heard of a website called laungage perfect ,if so use that to do listening exercises.However I have recently done my French gcse and I just made sure I knew all the vocab for the listening and I feel I did well , good luck anyway and it's good to be concious of your work in year 9 and take it seriously , keep going ;-)
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    bump

(Original post by marniepippa)
    Have you heard of a website called laungage perfect ,if so use that to do listening exercises.However I have recently done my French gcse and I just made sure I knew all the vocab for the listening and I feel I did well , good luck anyway and it's good to be concious of your work in year 9 and take it seriously , keep going ;-)
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    You could try foundation past papers or listen to a French film with English subtitles (that's what I did and I guess it worked)
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Doing French A-Level, i'm in Y13.

Try to listen to as much actual French as you can, e.g. slow French or even the radio.
    Try to watch things you'd normally watch, but in French like films with subtitles.
    Google 'dictation' exercises and try some of them.
    Try extra listening exercises e.g. https://savoirs.rfi.fr/en/apprendre-enseigner this website is good (but depends on your level, idk if its too advanced for Year 9)
    Learn your key verbs/vocab so you can pick bits out. Just get the gist, that's all you'll need for questions/summaries!

Hope this helps...good luck. Don't worry if you don't feel 100% now, the skills are accrued gradually, so if you practice a bit now by Y11 you'll be great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxxtxssxxx)
    You could try foundation past papers or listen to a French film with English subtitles (that's what I did and I guess it worked)
    (Original post by sureofit)
    Doing French A-Level, i'm in Y13.

Try to listen to as much actual French as you can, e.g. slow French or even the radio.
    Try to watch things you'd normally watch, but in French like films with subtitles.
    Google 'dictation' exercises and try some of them.
    Try extra listening exercises e.g. https://savoirs.rfi.fr/en/apprendre-enseigner this website is good (but depends on your level, idk if its too advanced for Year 9)
    Learn your key verbs/vocab so you can pick bits out. Just get the gist, that's all you'll need for questions/summaries!

Hope this helps...good luck. Don't worry if you don't feel 100% now, the skills are accrued gradually, so if you practice a bit now by Y11 you'll be great

Thanks guys

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 18, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.