Accountancy Apprenticeships 2019 Watch

Kitta123
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey guys,

I know this may be a bit early but I thought that this thread would be useful to keep track of all accountancy apprenticeships that are available.

To get started we could post some companies and when their applications available.

This thread could be for all things accounting and we can just help each other out

Kitta x
Young Apprentices
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
This a great idea Kitta

Which apprenticeships have you found so far? Or are you interested in applying for?

We are currently apprentices so if you have any questions let us know

Lilley
AM_TSR
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Does anybody know what the expected GCSE maths grade is for accounting apprenticeships?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Kitta123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by Young Apprentices)
This a great idea Kitta

Which apprenticeships have you found so far? Or are you interested in applying for?

We are currently apprentices so if you have any questions let us know

Lilley
Thank you so much Lilley!

I am really interested in apprenticeships at 'The Big 4' accountancy companies, so EY, KPMG, PWC or Deloitte and I have also looked into Cisco, as I am interested in technology.

The one thing in particular that I'm really worried about is the competitiveness to get onto one of the apprenticeship schemes. How competitive do you say it is or is competitiveness a myth???

Thannk you
andyl9
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Kitta123)
Thank you so much Lilley!

I am really interested in apprenticeships at 'The Big 4' accountancy companies, so EY, KPMG, PWC or Deloitte and I have also looked into Cisco, as I am interested in technology.

The one thing in particular that I'm really worried about is the competitiveness to get onto one of the apprenticeship schemes. How competitive do you say it is or is competitiveness a myth???

Thannk you
Hi,
I've been through the apprenticeship application process this year and was surprised at how easy it was to get interviews. I applied to 3 of the 5 biggest accounting firms as a school leaver (I was still completing my A levels) and got assessment centre dates and interviews for 2 of them (EY and Deloitte). My grades from AS were ABC and predicted AAB so not outstanding. The numerical and reasoning tests were pretty straightforward, the hard bit was the face to face interviews/ assessment centre days, I was rejected at this stage for EY and waiting on a response from Deloitte. It really isn't about grades more about how confident you are and what skills/qualities you have. Only advice is to apply to as many accountancies firms as possible, and apply early.
andyl9
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by andylowes9)
Hi,
I've been through the apprenticeship application process this year and was surprised at how easy it was to get interviews. I applied to 3 of the 5 biggest accounting firms as a school leaver (I was still completing my A levels) and got assessment centre dates and interviews for 2 of them (EY and Deloitte). My grades from AS were ABC and predicted AAB so not outstanding. The numerical and reasoning tests were pretty straightforward, the hard bit was the face to face interviews/ assessment centre days, I was rejected at this stage for EY and waiting on a response from Deloitte. It really isn't about grades more about how confident you are and what skills/qualities you have. Only advice is to apply to as many accountancies firms as possible, and apply early.
So to answer your question, in my experience it's not particularly competitive until you reach the final interview stage.
Jakoba1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi just wondering what sort of stuff I can include which will boost my chances of getting considered for an interview
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
lewissmith2001
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by AkshayManjunath)
Does anybody know what the expected GCSE maths grade is for accounting apprenticeships?
C for most
completer
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
For those who are having issues with online assessment tests- feel free to get in touch (at the address I've setup for test assistance- [email protected] gmail.com).I'm a LSE grad with 250 tests worth of experience through applying for Industrial Placement, Summer Internship and Graduate roles, so send over an e-mail request if you need a hand.
Kitta123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Does anyone by any chance know when the 2019 entries will open?
Zkhan11
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by andylowes9)
Hi,
Hi,
Im just wondering if you can help me with the assessment tests that you had taken what type of questions come up and how I can prepare for them and if there is any links to help me prepare for it
Man thanks
Kitta123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi,

I just thought you guys would like to know that EY have now opened their applications and are now reviewing stage one applications.

PWC have also opened some of their service lines (i think just tax and consultancy) but I assume the rest of the service lines will follow.

Kitta
DiamondArtist
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Does anyone have any tips for the video interviews and face-to-face interviews? I have a couple coming up and never really had many interviews before.
Kitta123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by DiamondArtist)
Does anyone have any tips for the video interviews and face-to-face interviews? I have a couple coming up and never really had many interviews before.
What companies are the interviews for?
DiamondArtist
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Kitta123)
What companies are the interviews for?
Mazars, Deloitte and KPMG
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes - I am a regular donator! (19)
6.11%
Yes - I have once or twice (20)
6.43%
I would like to... (135)
43.41%
No - I cannot give blood (74)
23.79%
No - I don't wish to (63)
20.26%