Lukem14
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi I'm thinking of taking sociology, psychology and ancient history.
I'm already doing history/sociology at GCSE and predicted a B in both but may get an A in sociology.
Would these A levels be too hard?
Also, I want to be an archaeologist so I'm pretty sure on ancient history
Would you recommend any other subjects?
NR22
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You could always look at philosophy if you’re interested instead of psychology. Then you have sociology for looking at social influences, philosopher for looking at how religion has influenced past events and then ancient history for... well the actual history. Don’t think psychology is as relevant to what you want to do in the future, have a look on university websites to see what requirements they have in order for you to do an ancient history course or a history course... you don’t want to find further down the line you didn’t take the Alevel they require
Lukem14
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by NR22)
You could always look at philosophy if you’re interested instead of psychology. Then you have sociology for looking at social influences, philosopher for looking at how religion has influenced past events and then ancient history for... well the actual history. Don’t think psychology is as relevant to what you want to do in the future, have a look on university websites to see what requirements they have in order for you to do an ancient history course or a history course... you don’t want to find further down the line you didn’t take the Alevel they require
Thanks I've never actually considered philosophy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?