english literature Watch

fatema_h15
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
can someone help me write a comparative essay on how the poets present the power of nature in exposure and the prelude
sallyS22
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Are you looking for help with what points to make ? If so, I'd recommend Mr Bruff on Youtube or Seneca Learning (https://app.senecalearning.com/class...4-f9cf15791499) - they both offer similar analysis and it's decent. Just depends whether you want it written down (seneca) or to watch a video (Mr Bruff)
entertainmyfaith
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
do you know both the poems well? have you got some ideas of what you could put in the essay?
fatema_h15
Rep:
?
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
do you know both the poems well? have you got some ideas of what you could put in the essay?
I do know the poems but the thing i need help on is what to put in the essay
SHanxzon
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
At my school we learnt an mnemonic called WPSLOMP.
W - What is the poem about?
P - Perspective. Who is the speaker? What point of view is it in? How do we know this?
S - Structure. How many lines does it have? How many stanzas does it have? Does it include techniques such as an iambic pentameter of enjambment?
L - Language. What techniques has the writer used to convey language, such as similies, methaphors etc.
OM -Other methods. Basically another language technique.
P - Person opinion. What did you think of the poem? Did you think it was effective at conveying the message that it was supposed to? What is it meant to make the reader feel?

If you write one long essay using this format, and write one paragraph a letter comparing both poems, I think that’ll get you a good grade
fatema_h15
Rep:
?
(Original post by SHanxzon)
At my school we learnt an mnemonic called WPSLOMP.
W - What is the poem about?
P - Perspective. Who is the speaker? What point of view is it in? How do we know this?
S - Structure. How many lines does it have? How many stanzas does it have? Does it include techniques such as an iambic pentameter of enjambment?
L - Language. What techniques has the writer used to convey language, such as similies, methaphors etc.
OM -Other methods. Basically another language technique.
P - Person opinion. What did you think of the poem? Did you think it was effective at conveying the message that it was supposed to? What is it meant to make the reader feel?

If you write one long essay using this format, and write one paragraph a letter comparing both poems, I think that’ll get you a good grade
thank you
entertainmyfaith
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by fatema_h15)
I do know the poems but the thing i need help on is what to put in the essay
you need to look at the language and structure. both are about the power of man and nature so you need to look at how this power is presented eg. in exposure the personification 'merciless iced east winds that knive us' shows the power of nature and in eftp you have 'a huge peak, black and huge'- the repetition of huge shows the man has lost his ability to articulate and only emphasises the scale of the mountain.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (36)
13.95%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.14%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (54)
20.93%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (37)
14.34%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (32)
12.4%
How can I be the best version of myself? (78)
30.23%

Watched Threads