The Student Room Group

Respectable institutions for Part-time Chemistry?

I had initially considered the OU, going via the natural science (chemistry) route, and then completing a postgrad (masters, then PhD) at a brick and mortar institution of mine and my grades choosing. I cannot get over the somewhat limited laboratory exposure though, and am wondering if a brick and mortar institution may be able to offer more. I live in London and the options are establishments I would have never considered before, but are institutions never the less which offer chemistry (not natsci) on a part time route. They are Greenwich, Metropolitan, and Kingston. All three are accredited by the RSC, although given that I intend on studying postgraduate once Ive completed the degree I am unsure if this is entirely relevant at this point in time.

I was a high achiever during my A levels a few years back, achieving AAABe in Chemistry, Mathematics, Philosophy, Biology (e obviously in general studies!), back in the day before A* existed. I went to a good university to study chemistry (UEA), did very well throughout my first year and most of the second, until I was hospitalized just before exams, and was going to repeat the entire year, had difficulty hitting cadence again, but left anyway in the second semester due to financial issues. I am now looking at returning to chemistry.

I guess I am asking, which institution in your opinion will be best to study BSc Chemistry with intention of doing a postgraduate course; Open University, or one of the London Universities offering part time modes?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending