• Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    There's a lot of dispute about when people are 'too young' to get married, or the age at which you should. But for you personally, what age would you like to get married? And has that changed as you've gotten older?

Or maybe you don't want to get married at all; if so, why not? :holmes:
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I was 22 and I d always hoped it d be my early or mid twenties.
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    There's a lot of dispute about when people are 'too young' to get married, or the age at which you should. But for you personally, what age would you like to get married? And has that changed as you've gotten older?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I have no idea, having a girlfriend would be a good start before thinking about marriage.

ReputationRep:
    I'm married at 20- feel free to ask anything.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Any time between 25 and 30. I'm 16 now, so still a while away.

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to get married, don't really believe in it.

ReputationRep:
    around age 30

ReputationRep:
    Any time between 21 and 25

ReputationRep:
    30 ideally.

But it's all about finding the one. And having a serious relationship for years before marrying. So if that doesn't happen before 30, it's better to wait.

I wonder though. What do people do if they don't find the one? Do they just settle with somebody anyway? Or stay alone forever? Both things are kinda sad and scary.

ReputationRep:
    23 is best but i mean its gotta be by 27 at least

I wasn't planning any time when I would want to be married. But I got hitched last year when I was 22. And it's a happy life with him. That's all that I can say.

ReputationRep:
    Ideally in my late 20s

ReputationRep:
    I got married at 25, and wouldn’t change that.

ReputationRep:
    For me, 25 -35

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to get married at all.

(Original post by SpongebobSwag)
    30 ideally.

But it's all about finding the one. And having a serious relationship for years before marrying. So if that doesn't happen before 30, it's better to wait.

I wonder though. What do people do if they don't find the one? Do they just settle with somebody anyway? Or stay alone forever? Both things are kinda sad and scary.
    Don't settle . . . the people who I know that have done this for marriage end up troubled and divorced having wasted years of their life with someone not worth wasting those years on!

ReputationRep:
    As much as you might have an idea about how you want your future to pan out, it never works out that way. You might find someone at 16 who you end up marrying, or you might have a series of shorter relationships and not marry until your 40s. I wanted to get married in my early 20s, and at 27 it's not looking likely - although I have been in a relationship for 7 months and it is going well, so it could be worse!

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to get married when im in my mid 20s

But seeing as im turning 20 next year and can't imagine anyone wanting to be in a relationship with me, I now dont know. I doubt it'll even happen.

ReputationRep:

Or maybe you don't want to get married at all; if so, why not? :holmes:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    29 worked for me.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 5, 2018
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.