RedJoe
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I've recently begun the application process for PTI but due to not hitting the fitness standards I'm considering switching to a policing role. Does anyone know the differences in application between police and police officer. There's a huge pay gap between the two so I imagine police officer is a lot harder to get into and may require an extra interview. I don't really understand the officer route.

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you in advance.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by RedJoe)
I've recently begun the application process for PTI but due to not hitting the fitness standards I'm considering switching to a policing role. Does anyone know the differences in application between police and police officer. There's a huge pay gap between the two so I imagine police officer is a lot harder to get into and may require an extra interview. I don't really understand the officer route.

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you in advance.
They are different roles with different responsibilities.

In one of the other threads you've posted in the difference between officer and NCO roles is referred to. You'd be wise to go and do some research on that, that will tell you what the differences are and why.
username4178878
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’ll be honest with you the military is a demanding world. Pick a role you’ll enjoy otherwise you’ll struggle. The RAF Police is probably one of the most diverse roles and experiences available. In addition to patrolling camp I’ve been all over the world, conducted investigations, searched crime scenes, spent time with the cyber forensics team, conducted aircraft searches and passenger searches. Every day is different and every RAF station is different so experiences vary.

Officer roles are similar regardless of branch. It’s a lot of emails and man management.

If you want to be a policeman, wear a stab vest go out on patrol. Go for Police NCO. If your not fussed go officer.

Officer roles tend to require a-levels of some sort. There will be formal interviews and leadership exercises as part of the application..

Any probs give me a shout.. Or give your local AFCO a call they are always handy..

Good luck.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (362)
59.25%
Yes- I don't like it (33)
5.4%
No- I want it (172)
28.15%
No- I don't want it (44)
7.2%

Watched Threads