a-level history?

Watch this thread
george0909
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
should i take a-level history if i wasn’t good at gcse english? i didnt take gcse history either so i have no exam technique and i’m not good at essay writing, but i find history really interesting
Pugglet
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by george0909)
should i take a-level history if i wasn’t good at gcse english? i didnt take gcse history either so i have no exam technique and i’m not good at essay writing, but i find history really interesting
If you think you can learn how to write the essays and can do well at it then take it. I did history and loved it
I am also appalling at English and spelling
tom.williams121
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
History exam technique changes a bit from GCSE to A Level anyway and you’re taught how to do it.

Like all essay based subjects, it’ll be difficult. You’ll really need to read around the subject as well as doing extra work in order for you to get the best grades.

What kind of history is it and what modules would you be doing?

I just finished Modern History and we did: Tsarist & Communist Russia, Britain 1951-2007, and the French Revolution as coursework and I can say without a doubt that it was really difficult in my opinion.

If you find it interesting then it’ll be easier to do because you’ll have the motivation to do the work etc. I was a bit shaken because I did pre-modern history at GCSE and got an A* and then realised that modern history at A-Level was like a totally alien concept

If you really find it interesting, do it. You’re taught how to do everything so there’s no reason why you shouldn’t be able to get top marks
george0909
Rep:
(Original post by Pugglet)
If you think you can learn how to write the essays and can do well at it then take it. I did history and loved it
I am also appalling at English and spelling
this boosted my confidence lol, thank u
george0909
Rep:
(Original post by tom.williams121)
History exam technique changes a bit from GCSE to A Level anyway and you’re taught how to do it.

Like all essay based subjects, it’ll be difficult. You’ll really need to read around the subject as well as doing extra work in order for you to get the best grades.

What kind of history is it and what modules would you be doing?

I just finished Modern History and we did: Tsarist & Communist Russia, Britain 1951-2007, and the French Revolution as coursework and I can say without a doubt that it was really difficult in my opinion.

If you find it interesting then it’ll be easier to do because you’ll have the motivation to do the work etc. I was a bit shaken because I did pre-modern history at GCSE and got an A* and then realised that modern history at A-Level was like a totally alien concept

If you really find it interesting, do it. You’re taught how to do everything so there’s no reason why you shouldn’t be able to get top marks
i’ll be doing russian revolution, civil rights in the USA and something else i cant remember... but thank you for replying, this really eased my nerves, i think i’m going to take it as an option now
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (41)
32.28%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (58)
45.67%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (27)
21.26%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.79%

Watched Threads