The Student Room Group

A Level Maths - C3 (Mei) OCR - June 19 2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Luxyaaa
Isn't it out of 90??

It is, but it is also segmented.
There will be grade boundaries for the paper too.

You are right, though. In total, coursework + paper is out of 90.
How did you get k = 0.048? I got k = 0.69 because e0.691=0.5e^{0.69*1} = 0.5 and e0.692=0.25e^{0.69*2} = 0.25

Nevermind it was because t was in years not half-lives.
Original post by Zgogol18
1. -3y/4x as dy/dx
dy/dt=-6
2. 1. Odd 2.neither, periodic 3. Even
3. 25%, k=0.048
4.x=0.55, y=0.29
5. Modulus graph x=-1/3
6. 5pi/6, y=sin(2x-pi)/4
7. Equation of the line x-4y+3=0, gradient=1/4. Point Q was 3/4 for me, the area was 23/8-4ln2
8. When integrated lnx had to times my 1
9. For the last part of the last question I have found the area for lnx between 4 and 1 I think, than found the area between 3 and 4 for 2ln(x-2), though I did a really weird thing. I have integrated 2ln(x-2) by parts and within that I had to integrate udv/dx by substitution. Then subtracted the areas.
10. For point Q for question 9 (not the one with trapezium) I got something like (4,2ln2) can’t remeber and for P I got 3

For question 7 do you think you’d get the mark for -x+4y-3=0
Original post by Fatemeh2018
I got 2ln2-5? did anyone get the same?

I got 4ln4 - 3. It's meant to be 2ln but im not sure about the -3. Wasnt it -4 + 1 so you got -3?
Original post by emmabrookes
For question 7 do you think you’d get the mark for -x+4y-3=0

Yeah
Reply 45
Original post by Zeem
I think question 6i) was 5pi/6

You're right that was a typo lol.
Original post by DarthRoar
How did you get k = 0.048? I got k = 0.69 because e0.691=0.5e^{0.69*1} = 0.5 and e0.692=0.25e^{0.69*2} = 0.25

Why did you use 0.69?0.69? The trick was to use t=28.8t=28.8 years and using 14M=M0 \frac{1}{4} M =M_0 as you worked out in the previous question.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by JaredzzC
Why did you use 0.69? The trick was to use t=28.8 years and using (1/4)M=Minitial as you worked out in the previous question.

It wasn’t a nice question
Got it only cause I do physics
Original post by H4mbo
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.PNG
think this was the graph

I solved x for -1/3 but while re reading my answers i felt the need to solve x for when the modulus would be -ve so i also put down x can be 1... stupidl doubting my first answer so i put both down. How many marks do u reckon that'll cost me? if it's outta 3 i shud get 2/3 right?

you'll get marks just for ln'ing the e and whatever you had on the other side of the "=" sign. it shud only cost you 1-2 marks dw about it
Original post by Rose24
I got 4ln2-3 for that?

Well that’s wrong because it gives a negative area
Original post by Zeem
I think question 6i) was 5pi/6

What was question 6?

Yea, it was definitely one designed to catch people out.
It almost worked with me because I had to think for a minute how to approach it.

I do Physics too and this kinda question did seem relatable, but I wouldn't be surprised if people somehow tried to use their physics to help them and went into the whole (1x0)e (1-x_0)e or thought the half-life was when x=e1x= e^{-1} or something along those lines.
Original post by captainslow12
What was question 6?

Q6 was the composite function question. So it was like 2arcsin(.5) + 1/2 pie
Reply 54
Original post by Rose24
I got 4ln2-3 for that?

Hi, yeah I got 4ln2 - 2 for some reason. I read the question and thought it not asking for the area between the two curves with x limits of 3 and 4, but for the area beneath the lower curve. I.e. the wording for that last question was atrocious
Original post by Daribig98
Q6 was the composite function question. So it was like 2arcsin(.5) + 1/2 pie

Oh yeah. Yeah that was fine. Cheers
Original post by captainslow12
What was question 6?

using h(x)=fg(x) h(x) = fg(x) and plugging in 12 \frac{1}{2} to 2arcsinx+π2 2arcsinx + \frac{\pi}{2} I think.
and also finding the inverse of h(x)
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Daribig98
I solved x for -1/3 but while re reading my answers i felt the need to solve x for when the modulus would be -ve so i also put down x can be 1... stupidl doubting my first answer so i put both down. How many marks do u reckon that'll cost me? if it's outta 3 i shud get 2/3 right?

I solved for both too so hoping it's at least 2/3
Reply 58
if you said (4,ln4) for q instead of (4,2ln2) will you lose a mark?
Original post by k.g.
if you said (4,ln4) for q instead of (4,2ln2) will you lose a mark?

As long as your working up to that point had made logical sense, yep only 1 mark

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending