Pregnant - need advice! Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Before I explain I just want to say that I'm currently 15 years old (year 10) and I'm really scared at the moment so please don't judge me.

A few weeks ago I had sex with some guy that I met at a party (the weekend I turned 15 so I was actually 14) and it was really good and everything and he used protection too so I wasn't worried (he's 17 but was 16 as it was the day before his birthday and was his party). But a few days ago I had some weird feelings after some of my friends were talking about stories where condoms haven't worked because there's been a hole in them or they've leaked or something and that there's a 1 or 2% chance they don't work and I got a bit paranoid. So I finally decided to use a pregnancy test just to cure my anxiety but to my horror it said I was positively pregnant! I threw up after hearing this news and haven't told anyone but I'm in real shock.

It's weird because I've had sex before and it's not the first time a guy has used a condom in me but something about last time just felt different and now it turns out I'm pregnant!

I really just need advice right now and please no hate as I'm really scared about telling people this.

Thank you in advance
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Evelynlikestea
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Go to the doctors hun. It can be completely anonymous, they wont tell anyone if you don't want them to. They can do a test there and you can know for definite. Does the father know? Don't stress about it, see what the doctor says and then if it's positive you'l' have to make a decision. If you need any advice or someone to talk to please PM me, I can help you and be someone to listen to since I've been there too and I can understand what must be going through your head at the moment.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Evelynlikestea)
Go to the doctors hun. It can be completely anonymous, they wont tell anyone if you don't want them to. They can do a test there and you can know for definite. Does the father know? Don't stress about it, see what the doctor says and then if it's positive you'l' have to make a decision. If you need any advice or someone to talk to please PM me, I can help you and be someone to listen to since I've been there too and I can understand what must be going through your head at the moment.
Thank you for the advice but I don't know if I can keep it from my parents and see a doctor as they'll ask me about it and I might break down.

I've not told the guy mainly because I'm in shock but I'm also not 100% sure it's his as I'm pretty sure it's his because I had this feeling it was but I've realised it's also possible that it could be another guy from the year above because I had sex with him 2 or 3 days before the party after I broke up with my ex (and before you ask it's basically impossible for it to be my ex's baby as we had sex nearly 2 months ago and I was always on the pill then too plus his d*ck was small as he was in my year and only 15). I don't want to get the father wrong so I think its best not to say yet and hope I can get an abortion before any of this gets out but I just don't want to regret it...
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Razz13)
Wtf are you doing getting knocked up at 14??
Please that's not advice and I said don't judge and I'm not proud I'm in this position. Btw I hope you realise that sex at my age isn't uncommon and none of my close friends are virgins but it just so happens that I'm the one who's fallen pregnant because I'm unfortunate
Aloha1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Actually Razz13 is correct if you didn't want to be pregnant then you shouldn't have had sex, especially at 14. Let me guess you got drunk too?
Go to a doctor and check if you are pregnant and if you aren't then you have learnt a lesson. But if you are then best of luck with the situation at hand. I hope you will recover from the shock.
Razz13
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Please that's not advice and I said don't judge and I'm not proud I'm in this position. Btw I hope you realise that sex at my age isn't uncommon and none of my close friends are virgins but it just so happens that I'm the one who's fallen pregnant because I'm unfortunate
In what world is underage sex common?? And even if it is where you come from, that doesn't make it right. It's impulsive girls like you that need to think about what you're doing before you do it and stop being deluded by the idea that loads of sex is normal at your age.

From the posts so far, I can gather you've had sex at least 3 times, with 3 different boys, in quite a short space of time. My advice: cut down on the sex and stop promoting this disgusting sex culture or else you're basically asking to fall pregnant again and you may even get aids or hiv
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Umm yeah it is kind of uncommon. I'm a couple years older and like all my friends are still virgins.

Either way, go visit a doctor(if you're worried about your parents finding out they won't tell them and when you go there maybe say you're going to town or something?)
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Aloha1)
Actually Razz13 is correct if you didn't want to be pregnant then you shouldn't have had sex, especially at 14. Let me guess you got drunk too?
Go to a doctor and check if you are pregnant and if you aren't then you have learnt a lesson. But if you are then best of luck with the situation at hand. I hope you will recover from the shock.
Well yeah of course I wouldn't be pregnant if I didn't have sex but I never expected this to happen and I think it's unfortunate that the protection he used (or whoever's it was) didn't work. Again everybody I know at my age is having sex and it's not abnormal and it's a pretty standard thing to do especially at a party as sex feels really good when you're drunk. Not everyone who has sex gets pregnant so why me??? I'm thinking of seeing a doctor at some point but I don't like talking about it and especially not in person but thanks anyway
DrawTheLine
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Before I explain I just want to say that I'm currently 15 years old (year 10) and I'm really scared at the moment so please don't judge me.

A few weeks ago I had sex with some guy that I met at a party (the weekend I turned 15 so I was actually 14) and it was really good and everything and he used protection too so I wasn't worried (he's 17 but was 16 as it was the day before his birthday and was his party). But a few days ago I had some weird feelings after some of my friends were talking about stories where condoms haven't worked because there's been a hole in them or they've leaked or something and that there's a 1 or 2% chance they don't work and I got a bit paranoid. So I finally decided to use a pregnancy test just to cure my anxiety but to my horror it said I was positively pregnant! I threw up after hearing this news and haven't told anyone but I'm in real shock.

It's weird because I've had sex before and it's not the first time a guy has used a condom in me but something about last time just felt different and now it turns out I'm pregnant!

I really just need advice right now and please no hate as I'm really scared about telling people this.

Thank you in advance
You need to go and see a doctor and get the pregnancy confirmed. They can then direct you to other people who can help with your options. You can either keep the baby, give it up for adoption or have an abortion. Considering your age and the circumstances I think abortion would be best. Your parents don't have to know if you don't want them to.

However I do have to echo what other posters are saying. Please reconsider your decision to have sex underage. There's a reason the age of consent is 16. If if turns out you aren't pregnant, please take a look at yourself and think before you have sex underage. You're feeling very scared right now, and I'm going to say that it's a good thing. Please take care of yourself and don't have sex until you're mature enough.
UchihaMadara
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Condoms break - I remember when I was about to bust but clocked feeling extra rubber at the base, thank god :lol: although I don't mind children but yh...just go to GP, or to a local clinic or something if you think going to your GP is bait, there is a lot of support out there for people like you in this situation and if you are pregnant think carefully if you want the child - whether the guy supports you or not.
Aloha1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Well yeah of course I wouldn't be pregnant if I didn't have sex but I never expected this to happen and I think it's unfortunate that the protection he used (or whoever's it was) didn't work. Again everybody I know at my age is having sex and it's not abnormal and it's a pretty standard thing to do especially at a party as sex feels really good when you're drunk. Not everyone who has sex gets pregnant so why me??? I'm thinking of seeing a doctor at some point but I don't like talking about it and especially not in person but thanks anyway
Well not talking about it is going to make it go away so there is that. You and your friends are making having sex at 14 seem normal which will inevitably lead to situations like yours. There are different ways of enjoying life you know.
thenerdlikespie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Take a few moments to breathe and try and keep calm - I know you're probably terrified right now, but this isn't the end of the world.

Firstly, I'd suggest doing another pregnancy test if you've only done one - they're not always 100% accurate. If that comes up positive then, like it or not, you're going to need to see a doctor. As for your parents finding out - it might not be as bad as you think. They might be mad, they might say they're disappointed but ultimately they can support you.
Anonymous #1
In what world is underage sex common?? And even if it is where you come from, that doesn't make it right. It's impulsive girls like you that need to think about what you're doing before you do it and stop being deluded by the idea that loads of sex is normal at your age.

From the posts so far, I can gather you've had sex at least 3 times, with 3 different boys, in quite a short space of time. My advice: cut down on the sex and stop promoting this disgusting sex culture or else you're basically asking to fall pregnant again and you may even get aids or hiv
(Original post by AzureCeleste)
Umm yeah it is kind of uncommon. I'm a couple years older and like all my friends are still virgins.

Either way, go visit a doctor(if you're worried about your parents finding out they won't tell them and when you go there maybe say you're going to town or something?)
Please stop telling me that I shouldn't have sex as it's honestly not that rare and if I suddenly stopped going to parties to get wasted and twisted then I'd just be the odd one out in my group. I don't really know what a sex culture is but I think it's immature to call sex disgusting when it's actually mature and intimate and I don't think any of the guys I know have aids. Hooking up with different guys at my age is normal too so top pointing out what I've said and trying to make me out as a **** when my friends are just the same if not worse.

again I've said I might go to see a doctor but I don't like talking about it in person so please read the other advice comments. I want to know whether you think an abortion is in order and whether I should let my parents know yet?
AzureCeleste
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Please stop telling me that I shouldn't have sex as it's honestly not that rare and if I suddenly stopped going to parties to get wasted and twisted then I'd just be the odd one out in my group. I don't really know what a sex culture is but I think it's immature to call sex disgusting when it's actually mature and intimate and I don't think any of the guys I know have aids. Hooking up with different guys at my age is normal too so top pointing out what I've said and trying to make me out as a **** when my friends are just the same if not worse.

again I've said I might go to see a doctor but I don't like talking about it in person so please read the other advice comments. I want to know whether you think an abortion is in order and whether I should let my parents know yet?
I never told you to stop having sex, I just said it's actually quite uncommon.
Also you just said you 'don't think any have aids'. If you were mature enough to have sex you'd make sure to check this kind of thing before having sex with them. Also just because one person does something, doesn't mean its ok and that everyone should be doing it.

An abortion can't be in order until you've actually got proper confirmation you're pregnant. yes, I'd tell your parents. Also it shows your age that you don't want to talk about it in person.
Shouldn't have done the action if you weren't ready for the consequences
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Aloha1)
Well not talking about it is going to make it go away so there is that. You and your friends are making having sex at 14 seem normal which will inevitably lead to situations like yours. There are different ways of enjoying life you know.
Situations like mine are rare because lads know they should use a condom or else they could get a girl pregnant and have a hard life but not because no one has sex. I actually lost my virginity nearly 6 months ago to one if my ex's and we had sex A LOT and I never got pregnant nor did I feel it was weird even though he was 18 because I liked him then
Moosenhagen
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Jesus take the wheel, He was 18?
random_matt
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
You need to go and see a doctor and get the pregnancy confirmed. They can then direct you to other people who can help with your options. You can either keep the baby, give it up for adoption or have an abortion. Considering your age and the circumstances I think abortion would be best. Your parents don't have to know if you don't want them to.

However I do have to echo what other posters are saying. Please reconsider your decision to have sex underage. There's a reason the age of consent is 16. If if turns out you aren't pregnant, please take a look at yourself and think before you have sex underage. You're feeling very scared right now, and I'm going to say that it's a good thing. Please take care of yourself and don't have sex until you're mature enough.
13 in Germany or some other Euro country. Pedo heaven, someone in parliament has a screw loose.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by AzureCeleste)
I never told you to stop having sex, I just said it's actually quite uncommon.
Also you just said you 'don't think any have aids'. If you were mature enough to have sex you'd make sure to check this kind of thing before having sex with them. Also just because one person does something, doesn't mean its ok and that everyone should be doing it.

An abortion can't be in order until you've actually got proper confirmation you're pregnant. yes, I'd tell your parents. Also it shows your age that you don't want to talk about it in person.
Shouldn't have done the action if you weren't ready for the consequences
I meant I don't think they have aids because they get around and people would know if a guy like that had aids or something. And I'm not going out and having fun because my friends are but because I want to... have you ever had sex? I don't feel good talking about it in person because I'm still in shock and I'm scared of breaking down if my parents shout at me which I think is more mature but ok. I wouldn't have had sex with the guy if I thought I'd get pregnant but I've done it many times before and so why would I expect this to be a "consequence" when it's never turned out this way before for me or anyone I know?
Evelynlikestea
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Thank you for the advice but I don't know if I can keep it from my parents and see a doctor as they'll ask me about it and I might break down.

I've not told the guy mainly because I'm in shock but I'm also not 100% sure it's his as I'm pretty sure it's his because I had this feeling it was but I've realised it's also possible that it could be another guy from the year above because I had sex with him 2 or 3 days before the party after I broke up with my ex (and before you ask it's basically impossible for it to be my ex's baby as we had sex nearly 2 months ago and I was always on the pill then too plus his d*ck was small as he was in my year and only 15). I don't want to get the father wrong so I think its best not to say yet and hope I can get an abortion before any of this gets out but I just don't want to regret it...
If you need to tell your parents to go to a doctor, do that. You need to get the confirmation. Sleeping around that much isn't good especially at your age, however I'd suggest if you're going to continue to get back on the pill. Also the size of penis really doesn't matter. Tell both the potential father's, they should support you through this. Again please PM me if you need anything.
Luke5125
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago

Thank you in advance
You can go to the doctors and they can give you an abortion without telling your parents

Wtf are you doing getting knocked up at 14??
Not helpful or supportive
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (16)
15.24%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (7)
6.67%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (21)
20%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (16)
15.24%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (13)
12.38%
How can I be the best version of myself? (32)
30.48%

Watched Threads