Plovdiv 2019 entry Watch

Kalabamboo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by rarajaja0)
Yeah, I am... grade requirements are meant to be BBB but this year anyway people have been let in with much lower grades, including Cs and the occasional Ds. So you should be fine even with a C or a D in bio/chem. However I've heard next year and the years onwards will be a bit tougher to enter due to increasing popularity of the foreign students.

And I used tutelage, they're not too great, we had a problem with A-level certificates which meant we had to pay an extra odd 150 quid despite promises of no other costs bar the upfront one...but we had no choice
Hey! So with tutelage you have to have copies of your a level certificates when you apply or something -srry if i don't make much sense. I've basically recently done my A levels and awaiting results. Just confused what agency to use cause I saw loads of good reviews for tutelage and was searching for any bad reviews which i found here lol
so overall is it very costly to use tutelage and around how much was it if you don't mind me asking?
Also, is plovdiv any good as I think you mentioned that it shouldn't be your first choice and that it's best to get into a uk med school but it's so competitive Also went to a grammar school which was the worst decision I made in my life cause the exam boards are pretty tough so it's harder to get an A grade for example.

Any advice wold be much appreciated
YungChicken
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Kalabamboo)
Hey! So with tutelage you have to have copies of your a level certificates when you apply or something -srry if i don't make much sense. I've basically recently done my A levels and awaiting results. Just confused what agency to use cause I saw loads of good reviews for tutelage and was searching for any bad reviews which i found here lol
so overall is it very costly to use tutelage and around how much was it if you don't mind me asking?
Also, is plovdiv any good as I think you mentioned that it shouldn't be your first choice and that it's best to get into a uk med school but it's so competitive Also went to a grammar school which was the worst decision I made in my life cause the exam boards are pretty tough so it's harder to get an A grade for example.

Hi, I'm applying to Plovdiv this year and have my entrance exam in the next 2 weeks. I used SME but they charge far too much and their communication is awful to say the least. People seem to opt for Inter Hecs which seems like the best option so far to be fair and they are much cheaper.
Have you already applied and if so are you going to take your entrance exam this September?
Barrack.Obama
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Kalabamboo)

It ain't the exam board pal. The grades depends on you
Barrack.Obama
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
The whole situation, especially in light of brexit, is a tricky one. To condense it as much and as stupidly as possible, we are fine for now, and there shouldn't be any issues in the future, unless a problem arises such as consistent bad performance by plov graduates in the NHS, or perhaps a ridiculous new parliamentary bill on the licencing of foreign grads... but they're very unlikely, not impossible, but unlikely.
The UK is introducing licensing. Anyone wanting to join the GMC will need sit an exam, although I'm unsure as to when the exam will be introduced. Either way plovdiv isnt exactly oxbridge so aren't you scared you'll fail?
WhoDaresWins
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
That feel when you're just revising the practical and MCQs and are graciously prepared to take the L on essays
Looooool
WhoDaresWins
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Barrack.Obama)
The UK is introducing licensing. Anyone wanting to join the GMC will need sit an exam, although I'm unsure as to when the exam will be introduced. Either way plovdiv isnt exactly oxbridge so aren't you scared you'll fail?
Don't need to go to Oxbridge to be a good doctor.
Barrack.Obama
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by WhoDaresWins)
Don't need to go to Oxbridge to be a good doctor.
Correct but going to the equivalent of London Met isn't going to produce the best of doctors is it?
WhoDaresWins
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Correct but going to the equivalent of London Met isn't going to produce the best of doctors is it?
The majority of students here are those who have missed out by one grade, there are also those who have already done a degree and come here.
What makes you think it's the equivalent of London Met?
Barrack.Obama
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
The majority of students here are those who have missed out by one grade, there are also those who have already done a degree and come here.
What makes you think it's the equivalent of London Met?
They didn't get into medicine within the UK. Many videos released by the companies who facilitate all this give the impression that only B's at A level are required. If it's that easy to get into yoy may aswell go London met
WhoDaresWins
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
They didn't get into medicine within the UK. Many videos released by the companies who facilitate all this give the impression that only B's at A level are required. If it's that easy to get into yoy may aswell go London met
So according to you people with A*s/As at GCSE and A*AB/AAB at A level may as well go London Met and should not be studying Medicine?
Did you know that some people have been accepted with A*AB/AAB/ABB in the UK too?
thatmememachine
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Thanks for ignoring me guys
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Barrack.Obama
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
So according to you people with A*s/As at GCSE and A*AB/AAB at A level may as well go London Met and should not be studying Medicine?
Did you know that some people have been accepted with A*AB/AAB/ABB in the UK too?
You've understood me wrong. I've rightly compared plovdiv with London met. However the people who fail to get into medicine within th UK should use their brain and realise that actually medicine isn't for them. They just don't have the intellect to secure a medicine place. It's wiser for them to go onto to a medicine reject course like biomed or a completely different but less competitive course altogether
Barrack.Obama
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I forgot to address the second part. Some people are accepted based on their personal circumstances in widening access schemes however others who have narrowly missed their offer, well tough luck. If your uni hasn't accepted you then your just not good enough.
WhoDaresWins
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
You've understood me wrong. I've rightly compared plovdiv with London met. However the people who fail to get into medicine within th UK should use their brain and realise that actually medicine isn't for them. They just don't have the intellect to secure a medicine place. It's wiser for them to go onto to a medicine reject course like biomed or a completely different but less competitive course altogether
You've failed to rightly compare the two.
Also sorry but intellect isn't the only thing you need to secure a place in medicine in the UK, there are other factors involved.

Medicine is Medicine, it's a very special type of degree and it doesn't matter where you go to study it as long as it's in the world directory of medical schools and recognised internationally then you're sorted.
Black Water
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
You've failed to rightly compare the two.
Also sorry but intellect isn't the only thing you need to secure a place in medicine in the UK, there are other factors involved.

Medicine is Medicine, it's a very special type of degree and it doesn't matter where you go to study it as long as it's in the world directory of medical schools and recognised internationally then you're sorted.
Lol. Like someone who got 12A*’s at GCSE, A*A*A* at A-Level and a really high UKCAT got rejected and according to the person you’re talking to this applicant wasn’t good enough for Medicine in the UK so they should stop trying to pursue it.
rarajaja0
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by thatmememachine)
I was told it's easier to get into dentistry there? A few people older than me are there right now from the college I go to but I don't really know them well enough to really ask. I've just finished my A levels but didn't apply for dentistry since my predicted weren't up there. I have a few questions though since I'm sure the majority of people there speak Bulgarian and none to minimal English how is it even possible to communicate or get by when I don't even know a word of Bulgarian? Also how are the living expenses down there?
I'm a medic so I wouldn't really know about the relative difficulty to get in... but its really not that hard trust me. just bet Bs in a-levels and do decent in the entrance exam and you'll be fine. The language; well, most Bulgarians speak English because they're taught pretty well in schools, its only the old people who cant speak, but you get taught enough to communicate the basics, its a little tedious sometimes but its not as big of an issue as you think, plus your friend group will almost certainly be English and you'll spend the majority of your time with them so yah. The living costs; thing are pretty cheap here... like a loaf of bread would be the equivalent of 40p, can of coke like 50p, taxis from uni to the town centre between £1 and £2, cigarettes £2.50, a carton of milk £1, Months utilities between £10 to £20... so its pretty darn cheap
rarajaja0
Rep:
?
Thanks for ignoring me guys
sorry had exams
thatmememachine
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I'm a medic so I wouldn't really know about the relative difficulty to get in... but its really not that hard trust me. just bet Bs in a-levels and do decent in the entrance exam and you'll be fine. The language; well, most Bulgarians speak English because they're taught pretty well in schools, its only the old people who cant speak, but you get taught enough to communicate the basics, its a little tedious sometimes but its not as big of an issue as you think, plus your friend group will almost certainly be English and you'll spend the majority of your time with them so yah. The living costs; thing are pretty cheap here... like a loaf of bread would be the equivalent of 40p, can of coke like 50p, taxis from uni to the town centre between £1 and £2.50, cigarettes £2.50, a carton of milk £1... so its pretty darn cheap
Ah i see, I'm bilingual so learning another language would be tedious to be honest. The living costs sound cheap. Thanks, hope your exams went well.
CharliesUK
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I've heard starting from next year the exams will be slightly tougher and the acceptance grades will be a bit higher. Each year it's becoming harder to get into. I'm looking at pleven and plovdiv as well is Masaryk in the Czech republic. But I mean If you get a Minimum of 3 B's In chemistry and biology + one more subject. You should do okay.
rarajaja0
Rep:
?
Ah i see, I'm bilingual so learning another language would be tedious to be honest. The living costs sound cheap. Thanks, hope your exams went well.
I'm already trilingual, learning Bulgarian is extra tedious for me loool. That being said its not thats hard, consistency and repetition is key in learning any language.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?