Plovdiv 2019 entry Watch

rarajaja0
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by CharliesUK)
I've heard starting from next year the exams will be slightly tougher and the acceptance grades will be a bit higher. Each year it's becoming harder to get into. I'm looking at pleven and plovdiv as well is Masaryk in the Czech republic. But I mean If you get a Minimum of 3 B's In chemistry and biology + one more subject. You should do okay.
Despite people with Cs and the occasional D being let in this year, the reason why i say Bs is exaaaactly what you just mentioned, it's getting harder and harder every year because it's becoming more mainstream.

Pleven is a dead town, theres so much more to do in plovdiv, the uni is better and the English speaking community is so much bigger. There's a reason plovdiv is the big boy uni in terms of foreign med students, and how it's a pretty notorious town for beauty in eastern Europe.

I know a few people who went Czech, 3 who went Charles and one who is going Brno, so not the uni you mentioned. Charles seems like an amazing place to study (dunno about the one you mentioned) I mean come on, it's Prague, but the costs are insane bearing in mind you're not with a loan. Also, all 3 were kicked out of the uni for lacking grades, but they're smart smart people, smarter than the majority of this uni; Czech is HARD in general, bear that in mind.
CharliesUK
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by rarajaja0)
Despite people with Cs and the occasional D being let in this year, the reason why i say Bs is exaaaactly what you just mentioned, it's getting harder and harder every year because it's becoming more mainstream.

Pleven is a dead town, theres so much more to do in plovdiv, the uni is better and the English speaking community is so much bigger. There's a reason plovdiv is the big boy uni in terms of foreign med students, and how it's a pretty notorious town for beauty in eastern Europe.

I know a few people who went Czech, 3 who went Charles and one who is going Brno, so not the uni you mentioned. Charles seems like an amazing place to study (dunno about the one you mentioned) I mean come on, it's Prague, but the costs are insane bearing in mind you're not with a loan. Also, all 3 were kicked out of the uni for lacking grades, but they're smart smart people, smarter than the majority of this uni; Czech is HARD in general, bear that in mind.
I talked to one student in their final year and she said that most students with C's or D's get kicked out because they cannot cope with the lectures, either in the first few months or by the end of the 1st year.

I've heard some agents will get you into the university by after that understanding and putting the effort in is all down to you, as it should be will all degrees.
rarajaja0
Rep:
?
I talked to one student in their final year and she said that most students with C's or D's get kicked out because they cannot cope with the lectures, either in the first few months or by the end of the 1st year.

I've heard some agents will get you into the university by after that understanding and putting the effort in is all down to you, as it should be will all degrees.
If you're talking about Czech unis the 3 i know who are in plovdiv after being kicked out or left are smart kids, were talking As at A-level. Furthermore they're doing well this year in Plov. Czech is unfair and cruel. Plovdiv is considerably harder than UK med schools, so one can only imagine how unnecessarily hard Czech ones will be.

But then again, study your ass off and sacrifice an excessive social life then you'll graduate with a bomb degree from Czech, but personally and from the people whove went there have told me... i dont see the point when there's plovdiv

Edit: I'm not hyping plovdiv by any means, believe me, I'm just going off personal and friends experiences
YungChicken
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you're talking about Czech unis the 3 i know who are in plovdiv after being kicked out or left are smart kids, were talking As at A-level. Furthermore they're doing well this year in Plov. Czech is unfair and cruel. Plovdiv is considerably harder than UK med schools, so one can only imagine how unnecessarily hard Czech ones will be.

But then again, study your ass off and sacrifice an excessive social life then you'll graduate with a bomb degree from Czech, but personally and from the people whove went there have told me... i dont see the point when there's plovdiv

Edit: I'm not hyping plovdiv by any means, believe me, I'm just going off personal and friends experiences
In terms of the entrance exam, when you took it last year did they just use questions from the sample papers given on their website or was there additional content? Somebody I know who did it 2 years back said they did repeat only from the questions given, I'm not sure though.
rarajaja0
Rep:
?
(Original post by YungChicken)
In terms of the entrance exam, when you took it last year did they just use questions from the sample papers given on their website or was there additional content? Somebody I know who did it 2 years back said they did repeat only from the questions given, I'm not sure though.
It was pretty much all repeat content and repeat questions, if you do them all once you will pass very convincingly. I rememeber only revising 2 hours the day before and i still got into the top half

But again i dont know they might have changed it this year due to increased competition. Don't take no risks, spend a few days on it. Even if you only needed a few hours, you'll have bragging rights for being super high in the publicly ranked list
CharliesUK
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

My only concern is the ranking. I'm planning to move back to the USA after and plovdiv and pleven are ranked near the 8000 worldwide. My cousin who graduated A few years ago only recently found a job because there are just so many exams when you move back and the position of the university plays a large roll. *Medical school in America is very expensive so that is why I believe you need to get certain licences and some exams.
YungChicken
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It was pretty much all repeat content and repeat questions, if you do them all once you will pass very convincingly. I rememeber only revising 2 hours the day before and i still got into the top half

But again i dont know they might have changed it this year due to increased competition. Don't take no risks, spend a few days on it. Even if you only needed a few hours, you'll have bragging rights for being super high in the publicly ranked list
Thank you for replying rapidly. Yea, the test has changed tbh, we have a 20 mark essay question at the end, doesn't seem too difficult but still requires preparation. Hahaa, definitely don't wanna be down the bottom of the list.
YungChicken
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My only concern is the ranking. I'm planning to move back to the USA after and plovdiv and pleven are ranked near the 8000 worldwide. My cousin who graduated A few years ago only recently found a job because there are just so many exams when you move back and the position of the university plays a large roll. *Medical school in America is very expensive so that is why I believe you need to get certain licences and some exams.
Hello, I'm not sure if you are aware of this Doctor called "Dr. Buck Parker" on youtube. He was an international medical graduate (but an american citizen) and he explains in many of his videos the route to take to secure a residency and eventually a job in the US, they might help you.
YungChicken
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Also, might I ask what you got for A Level as I think the raking is based off those grades too
CharliesUK
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello, I'm not sure if you are aware of this Doctor called "Dr. Buck Parker" on youtube. He was an international medical graduate (but an american citizen) and he explains in many of his videos the route to take to secure a residency and eventually a job in the US, they might help you.
Haven't heard of him but will check him out . Also I think I should achieve AB, I already have an B grade in A level maths and A* in computing. First time doing chemistry and biology but hopefully I should get in .
rarajaja0
Rep:
?
I dont see an issue aslong as you pass the USMLE convincingly
rarajaja0
Rep:
?
Thank you for replying rapidly. Yea, the test has changed tbh, we have a 20 mark essay question at the end, doesn't seem too difficult but still requires preparation. Hahaa, definitely don't wanna be down the bottom of the list.
No you deffo don't. You'll find yourself and others browsing through the list to see where your friends and foes lie on it 😂😏
rarajaja0
Rep:
?
Haven't heard of him but will check him out . Also I think I should achieve AB, I already have an B grade in A level maths and A* in computing. First time doing chemistry and biology but hopefully I should get in .
Take into consideration though that bio and chem are the main ones they look at. The third subject isnt really all that important.
WhoDaresWins
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Oh wow lol
No pressure
YungChicken
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by WhoDaresWins)
Oh wow lol
No pressure
Thank you lmao, I see they're going down the AQA Biology essay route slowly with these tests.
WhoDaresWins
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you lmao, I see they're going down the AQA Biology essay route slowly with these tests.
:afraid:
WhoDaresWins
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I dont see an issue aslong as you pass the USMLE convincingly
Where do you wish to work in the future? Do you want to return to the UK or move to another country?
rarajaja0
Rep:
?
Where do you wish to work in the future? Do you want to return to the UK or move to another country?
Right now i'm planning on getting back to the UK; hopefully smash the UKMLA.

But i might consider doing the USMLE cource from 3rd year, not only if i want to move to a western country other than the UK, but the GMC rates it when you have a pass in the USMLE under your belt, because it shows them you have enough knowledge for other countries that are notoriously hard to get licencing for (like the US) , thus putting down any creeping suspicions surrounding a degree from Bulgaria.

Only problem is the cource is expensive affffff... and possibly unnecessary cos the UKLMA is the main ting
WhoDaresWins
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Right now i'm planning on getting back to the UK; hopefully smash the UKMLA.

But i might consider doing the USMLE cource from 3rd year, not only if i want to move to a western country other than the UK, but the GMC rates it when you have a pass in the USMLE under your belt, because it shows them you have enough knowledge for other countries that are notoriously hard to get licencing for (like the US) , thus putting down any creeping suspicions surrounding a degree from Bulgaria.

Only problem is the cource is expensive affffff... and possibly unnecessary cos the UKLMA is the main ting
Yeah it's too expensive to sit the USMLE, would be good to have under the belt though.
How have you found first year anyway? I found it alright except the last month where it got intense.
rarajaja0
Rep:
?
Yeah it's too expensive to sit the USMLE, would be good to have under the belt though.
How have you found first year anyway? I found it alright except the last month where it got intense.
The cource can be easy or insanely difficult depending on how good you are at raw memory retention. Ive found it eh. Last couple weeks before exams have been killer though, i made the common mistake of leaving everything too late, probably because i was riding high on my ego after passing med physics in jan/feb by cramming... But the sheer number of exams got me this summer. Hopefully I'll pass the resits i have next week and I'll be good to go.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (34)
15.6%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (32)
14.68%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (45)
20.64%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (83)
38.07%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (12)
5.5%
No particular grades needed (12)
5.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise