blzsrn2003
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi. I would like to become a model. I sent my application a lot agencies but have to be realize most of them are scam. I am only 162 cm so I am not tall enough for the most reliable agencies but I would be happily do Commercial modelling. Is anyone know any good agencies? I got a call from Your model Management I don't know if they are scam or not and from Models Direct---I think they are scam. Please if you can help me with some information. Thank you!
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You are doing it wrong like the majority of people, you need to find your own professional photographer and create a portfolio and then contact agencies etc. I know of some photographers who do it for a living and are well known, it is these people you want to see.
blzsrn2003
Rep:
?
(Original post by random_matt)
You are doing it wrong like the majority of people, you need to find your own professional photographer and create a portfolio and then contact agencies etc. I know of some photographers who do it for a living and are well known, it is these people you want to see.

Thank you for the information. I have a portfolio as my friend is a photographer but I don't know which is reliable agency. Most of them has a lot positive feedback.
hannah00
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by blzsrn2003)
Thank you for the information. I have a portfolio as my friend is a photographer but I don't know which is reliable agency. Most of them has a lot positive feedback.
you can tell they are reliable or not by looking at how big they are and their portfolio of models and where there office is based.

If they have a huge office in the middle of mayfair, chances they are a profitable and legit company
Ezzy19
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
http://www.topmodel.co.uk/

Try entering this competition. Could be a good platform to showcase yourself. I was at the finals this summer .... girls of all different heights in the final.
applesforme
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You shouldn't spend money getting professional photos done to send into an agency if you ask me, they will take pictures of you themselves if they are interested. If you get a friend or family member to take some good photos of you, the agency should be able to see whether you have potential. they would be looking for your bone structure, quirkiness, beauty, clear skin, proportioned body, healthy hair, good teeth as well as how well you express yourself through the photos. This is the most legit I think it gets in the modelling industry in the uk: https://www.bfma.fashion/ but these are high fashion modelling agencies so they will probably want someone 175cm tall. but you could ask them if they know of any good agencies who would take someone shorter. I know brands like american apparel look for the more girl next door types who dont fit the usual tall and skinny thing. just remember it's not a good sign if an agency wants money upfront (they aren't established, probably can't get you that much work and may be a scam/ sex traffickers) and dont meet anyone alone for a photo shoot.
blzsrn2003
Rep:
?
(Original post by hannah00)
you can tell they are reliable or not by looking at how big they are and their portfolio of models and where there office is based.

If they have a huge office in the middle of mayfair, chances they are a profitable and legit company
Thank you
blzsrn2003
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ezzy19)
http://www.topmodel.co.uk/

Try entering this competition. Could be a good platform to showcase yourself. I was at the finals this summer .... girls of all different heights in the final.
Thank you!
blzsrn2003
Rep:
?
(Original post by petalsunrise)
You shouldn't spend money getting professional photos done to send into an agency if you ask me, they will take pictures of you themselves if they are interested. If you get a friend or family member to take some good photos of you, the agency should be able to see whether you have potential. they would be looking for your bone structure, quirkiness, beauty, clear skin, proportioned body, healthy hair, good teeth as well as how well you express yourself through the photos. This is the most legit I think it gets in the modelling industry in the uk: https://www.bfma.fashion/ but these are high fashion modelling agencies so they will probably want someone 175cm tall. but you could ask them if they know of any good agencies who would take someone shorter. I know brands like american apparel look for the more girl next door types who dont fit the usual tall and skinny thing. just remember it's not a good sign if an agency wants money upfront (they aren't established, probably can't get you that much work and may be a scam/ sex traffickers) and dont meet anyone alone for a photo shoot.
Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (33)
17.74%
I'm not sure (5)
2.69%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (65)
34.95%
I have already dropped out (3)
1.61%
I'm not a current university student (80)
43.01%

Watched Threads