Papers and trees

Watch this thread
leogold00
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Our school printing system provides information about the environmental impact of printing. I looked at it today and found that I brought down 8.8% of a tree in the last year. I was mostly printing past papers to revise. 8.8% seems like a lot from just one person. Then I looked at the total impact of the whole school and was shocked to see that 300 trees were gone and that's only in the last year.

So what do you think about this problem of using too much paper? Judging by my school's statistics, I think the problem is significant. But at the same time paper is just so incredibly convenient to use. Do you think we will eventually destroy most of the trees on the planet?
birthdefect
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Damn, that’s bad. Deforestation is a really big issue that’s so undermined
Tbh I think we’re not very far off from going completely digital in every aspect of life; we’ll soon do absolutely everything online.
Sad reality but at the rate it’s going, it’s pretty certain
EnterUsername.
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
So true, thats one student printing papers,

What we're doing to the Amazon....
Name:  dwedwd.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  84.7 KB
Luke5125
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by leogold00)
Our school printing system provides information about the environmental impact of printing. I looked at it today and found that I brought down 8.8% of a tree in the last year. I was mostly printing past papers to revise. 8.8% seems like a lot from just one person. Then I looked at the total impact of the whole school and was shocked to see that 300 trees were gone and that's only in the last year.

So what do you think about this problem of using too much paper? Judging by my school's statistics, I think the problem is significant. But at the same time paper is just so incredibly convenient to use. Do you think we will eventually destroy most of the trees on the planet?
YOur school probably uses recycled paper anyway

(Original post by EnterUsername.)
So true, thats one student printing papers,

What we're doing to the Amazon....
Name:  dwedwd.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  84.7 KB
Our paper doesn't come from the Amazon, most nonb recylced paper is made from pine wood
EnterUsername.
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Luke5125)
YOur school probably uses recycled paper anyway

Our paper doesn't come from the Amazon, most nonb recylced paper is made from pine wood
Nonetheless, it contributes to deforestation. The devastation of vegetation and rain forests strips so many animals of a home, and ourselves a living chemical lab, which could contribute so much.
The fact a school probably used recycled paper, is not really the moral of the story
Luke5125
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by EnterUsername.)
Nonetheless, it contributes to deforestation. The devastation of vegetation and rain forests strips so many animals of a home, and ourselves a living chemical lab, which could contribute so much.
The fact a school probably used recycled paper, is not really the moral of the story
I agree and its bad how people still use paper for everything
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (33)
15.07%
The paper was reasonable (111)
50.68%
Not feeling great about that exam... (54)
24.66%
It was TERRIBLE (21)
9.59%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed