Quick survey on console gaming Watch

Incarcarus
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hi all, i made a quick survey and i would greatly appreciate any responses for my DT coursework - thanks. It should take less than 5 mins

1. How old are you? – Less than 12/13-19/20-30/More than 31

2. How many hours do you play a week on average?

3. Do you feel this is more than you should be playing/more than average? – Yes/No

4. (If answer above is yes) Would an alarm or reminder that could be set automatically when you pick up the controller, help you to stop playing for this long? - Yes/No

5. Why do you do gaming?

6. Where do you place your controllers, game cases/discs and headset?

7. Do you ever misplace any of these items and end up having to look for them? – Yes/No

8. Have you ever lost a controller, game disc/case or headset? – Yes/No

9. (If you don’t us already) Why do you not use a stand or container for your gaming accessories?

10. How many of your friends and family use a console? 0-3/4-9/10-15/15-20/20+

Summary

Do you believe addiction an issue with console gaming? – Yes/No

Do you believe organisation an issue with console gaming? – Yes/No

Are you worried about how many hours children spend on gaming? – Yes/No
EnterUsername.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago

2. How many hours do you play a week on average? 10

3. Do you feel this is more than you should be playing/more than average? – Yes/No

4. (If answer above is yes) Would an alarm or reminder that could be set automatically when you pick up the controller, help you to stop playing for this long? - Yes/No

5. Why do you do gaming? To relax

6. Where do you place your controllers, game cases/discs and headset? Under the TV

7. Do you ever misplace any of these items and end up having to look for them? – Yes/No

9. (If you don’t us already) Why do you not use a stand or container for your gaming accessories? n/a

Summary

-Eirlys-
  • Debate & Current Affairs Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Incarcarus)
Hi all, i made a quick survey and i would greatly appreciate any responses for my DT coursework - thanks. It should take less than 5 mins

2. How many hours do you play a week on average? 5

5. Why do you do gaming? As an enjoyable past time, to become immersed in another world and to give my brain a work out.

6. Where do you place your controllers, game cases/discs and headset? In a draw or on the side

9. (If you don’t us already) Why do you not use a stand or container for your gaming accessories? Because I have a draw

Summary

ozzyoscy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
1. How old are you? – 20-30

2. How many hours do you play a week on average? Let's say 30.

3. Do you feel this is more than you should be playing/more than average? – No

5. Why do you do gaming? I guess the appeal is that it's like interactive film. Rather than watching the story, I am in it and can affect it. For example, I remember watching the first Spider-Man movie, and who didn't wish they could be Spider-Man swinging through the city like that? Then Spider-Man 2 on PS2 came out, and I could. Wanna explore space? Can do that too. It can also simply be visually awesome.

6. Where do you place your controllers, game cases/discs and headset
- Controller on console, table or floor.
- Game discs in console or case.
- Game cases on table or shelf.
- Headset on floor, console or table (don't really have a headset now and don't use them anyway)

7. Do you ever misplace any of these items and end up having to look for them? – No

8. Have you ever lost a controller, game disc/case or headset? – No

10. How many of your friends and family use a console? 20+ (I don't know how many specifically but it's probably 100%. Even my girlfriend's retired mother has a console.)

Do you believe addiction an issue with console gaming? – No, as in not as much as alcohol or smoking for example. It's open to addiction as anything else, probably less so.

Do you believe organisation an issue with console gaming? – As in is it hard to organise my stuff? No.

Are you worried about how many hours children spend on gaming? – No. As a kid I remember being bored out of my mind sometimes. I wish we had internet and all the gaming and technology we have now back then.
noggins
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
1. How old are you? More than 31

2. How many hours do you play a week on average? 12-15 hours.

3. Do you feel this is more than you should be playing/more than average? Yes

4. (If answer above is yes) Would an alarm or reminder that could be set automatically when you pick up the controller, help you to stop playing for this long? No

5. Why do you do gaming? Entertainment and escapism.

6. Where do you place your controllers, game cases/discs and headset? Discs in CD case. Controllers on a coffee table.

7. Do you ever misplace any of these items and end up having to look for them? Occasionally.

8. Have you ever lost a controller, game disc/case or headset? No

9. (If you don’t us already) Why do you not use a stand or container for your gaming accessories? Waste of money and unnecessary.

10. How many of your friends and family use a console? 4-9

Do you believe addiction an issue with console gaming? Yes, with certain individuals out there.

Do you believe organisation an issue with console gaming? No

Are you worried about how many hours children spend on gaming? Yes
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (206)
22.08%
The paper was reasonable (398)
42.66%
Not feeling great about that exam... (178)
19.08%
It was TERRIBLE (151)
16.18%

Watched Threads