The Student Room Group

Feel like I have no motivation to revise for C4 :((

So initially I wanted to aim for 80 UMS in M2, C3 and C4. But after horribly screwing up M2, I now need 93-95 UMS in C3 and C4 to get 480 UMS overall. But today’s C3 exam didn’t go that well and I’ve just had a look at the unofficial mark scheme, think I got about 64-65/75 marks, which is probably like 88 UMS (paper was definitely harder than last year’s, when 90 UMS was 66 marks). This means I have 0 chance of getting 480 UMS, so I’m doomed to get a B. To get a B I need 50 UMS in C4, which I can get without much effort. Someone please tell me if there’s still any point in trying :cry: i’m sad i’m sad i’m saadd
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Mystelle
So initially I wanted to aim for 80 UMS in M2, C3 and C4. But after horribly screwing up M2, I now need 93-95 UMS in C3 and C4 to get 480 UMS overall. But today’s C3 exam didn’t go that well and I’ve just had a look at the unofficial mark scheme, think I got about 64-65/75 marks, which is probably like 88 UMS (paper was definitely harder than last year’s, when 90 UMS was 66 marks). This means I have 0 chance of getting 480 UMS, so I’m doomed to get a B. To get a B I need 50 UMS in C4, which I can get without much effort. Someone please tell me if there’s still any point in trying :cry: i’m sad i’m sad i’m saadd

Many students think they've done badly after reading an unofficial mark scheme but then end up doing much better than they thought (and vice-versa of course). You may think I'm just saying this but it honestly happens all the time.

Imagine if you end up being a few marks of an A when you could have tried for those last few days. Please try your best - anything is possible. Good luck :smile:
In the best case scenario, C4 is going to be a tough exam and hence the grade boundaries are gonna be lower. So if you put in the effort for it you might still get exactly what you need.

In the worst case scenario, you're already not going to make the grade but at this point do you really want to get any worse than that and more importantly it's not the end of the world. You might consider re-taking stuff later on, and just the sake of prepping and doing the c4 exam will give you that extra experience to maybe do better in that future re-take (idk).

Generally, its better to give it you're all. You can still get lucky. Or at the very least you can use it as practice to refine your revision and studying and exam techniques so that you can do better in future exams.

Your whole predicament is based on assumption. Imagine if you go into C4 not bothered and on results you realised an A was still realistic prior to doing C4
Reply 4

don't trust unofficial mark schemes and don't give up!! as someone above said, imagine if you fall a few ums short of the A just because you didn't put in the time now. anything is possible!!

Quick Reply

Latest