R.I.P X- What are your views on XXXTentacion?

Watch
AlwaysBroke.
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Regarding X's death, his popularity to the mainstream media was uplifted; however their views and responses to him is, in my opinion disrespectful. A lot of the media pretend as if he had not existed and was not famous at all prior to his death (discarding his hit songs from "17") and even after his death they begin to paint him, imo, a disgusting image which is very disrespectful I feel.

I feel like they have discarded his true talent, the hidden deep layers of meaning within (some) of his songs, his embodiment of passionate rage, violence and anger shown not only through lyrics and word play, but through the distorted bass. On the contrast, his thoughts on life, suicide, depression and the twist in style made him such a young but versatile rapper. This video sums it up perfectly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7oDUgFlPhw&t=109s

However, that isn't to say that he truly wasn't perfect. The scandal, controversies and horrifying violence that surrounded his life, especially the assault on a pregnant woman (his ex) cannot be forgiven. But it was clear X was trying to change himself; he proved and showed that he was trying to better himself (through charity events). Being neglected by your own mother and having a life surrounded by poverty, violence and death is clearly a huge contributor the immense capacity of rage, mental instability and violence within X as well as a cause of his depression. Although these condition do not justify what he has done we can't just entirely hate, blame and disrespect him even when the man tried to change his life around.

Goddamn I guess I just needed to vent. What was your views regarding his life etc?
R.I.P XXXTentacion
At least you will be with Jocelyn now.
JustSomeoneAlone
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It is sad but it is just the same death as every other one. People may hate for saying that but I fell that it is true. I think we need to learn from it. It was the same when lil peep died. Before peep died drugs such as Xanax were idolised (and still are) but after people started realising the harsh reality of drug addiction. So I feel now as a genre it should change its ideas. Hip-hop is now the number one music genre right now so we should use it to go against these things.

It is quite common there will be a moment in a song where they say something about gun violence and I feel that needs to change. These artists need to start portraying the effects of these to help prevent these issues in the future. And no I do not want everyone to turn into Russ or JC because they are sh*t but I think just something needs to be done.

As for x I disliked his music a lot and I am aware of the stuff he has done. But at the end of the day, he is still human and he is still young. And I am not saying these incidents are appropriate but I am saying that it is sad we have lost a young person to a horrible act of gun violence which has been a major issue for a while and needs to be spoken about.
Leo.Consoli
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I wont miss this ****** racist pregnant girlfriend spanker
remiaitman
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
he died at the correct age
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed