The Student Room Group

Open University - Forensic Psychology

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Martynaa11
Oh that's really good, when i wanted this as an option and spoke to someone I was told I couldn't do it but I will try again as this would be an ideal option for me too :smile:

Yeah if you start in February the quickest you can finish is in 3.5 years. You would do 60credits in February and then 60credits starting in October 21. Then from October 22 you can go full time for level two, Oct 23 you’d do full time for level three-all finished by July ‘24.
Original post by GabiAbi84
Yeah if you start in February the quickest you can finish is in 3.5 years. You would do 60credits in February and then 60credits starting in October 21. Then from October 22 you can go full time for level two, Oct 23 you’d do full time for level three-all finished by July ‘24.

I am just about to choose my first module for Feb 21, will be doing it the same way as you are :smile: Exciting!!
I am just about to choose my first module for Feb 21, will be doing it the same way as you are :smile: Exciting!!

Fantastic news bet you can’t wait! Stay in touch to let me know how you get on and if you need anything!
Original post by Jodiewids
Fantastic news bet you can’t wait! Stay in touch to let me know how you get on and if you need anything!

Are you doing any reading before the term starts? Would be great to get some recommendations from possibly someone already on the course just to get a head start, I'm currently still furloughed and with todays news I'm in a Tier 3 area meaning I won't be back to work any time soon
Are you doing any reading before the term starts? Would be great to get some recommendations from possibly someone already on the course just to get a head start, I'm currently still furloughed and with todays news I'm in a Tier 3 area meaning I won't be back to work any time soon

There’s not much reading that you need to be doing as the module books cover it all for you. I would suggest doing some courses on OpenLearn to get the feel for how studying will work.
There’s an intro to study course that shows you how to navigate the pages and how things will look like.
There’s also a few study skills courses such as note taking, essay writing etc which are great depending on your own existing skills.
There are also a few courses that are taken from the psychology modules so you can get a feel for the content and how it will be delivered.
The one book I did buy for my course is
“Good essay writing:a social science guide” it is written by OU tutors and takes you through everything they look for in an essay.

I’m probably going to do some reading when they say too! From January! I think if I bombard myself too much now I may forget closer to the time! I’m just going to enjoy Christmas ☺️I’m in tier 1 so we are lucky but I’m still furloughed until after Christmas I expect!
Original post by GabiAbi84
There’s not much reading that you need to be doing as the module books cover it all for you. I would suggest doing some courses on OpenLearn to get the feel for how studying will work.
There’s an intro to study course that shows you how to navigate the pages and how things will look like.
There’s also a few study skills courses such as note taking, essay writing etc which are great depending on your own existing skills.
There are also a few courses that are taken from the psychology modules so you can get a feel for the content and how it will be delivered.
The one book I did buy for my course is
“Good essay writing:a social science guide” it is written by OU tutors and takes you through everything they look for in an essay.

That’s brilliant thank you! I’ve just ordered the book, I’m sure it will keep me busy for a few weeks. I’ll definitely be focusing on study skills just for now :smile: Thank you again!
Have you guys received your study books for DD102 Introducing the Social Sciences?
Have you guys received your study books for DD102 Introducing the Social Sciences?

Hi, yes received them a couple of days ago 😬have you?
Reply 29
Hello, I am starting the FP degree this year. Received my books etc before xmas.

I have yeah :smile:
Reply 31

Not received yet and due to start on Saturday D:

Quick Reply

Latest