Turn on thread page Beta

I believe in the flat earth; ask me anything you want to know! watch

ReputationRep:
    Ive been following the flat earth theory for around a year or two now so I can explain any questions you have, but overall I would encourage you to do a lot of your own research, there is a lot of stuff you can find out!

ReputationRep:
    this has ben talked to death in RL and here.
    the eath is not flat, im not gonna go into the ton of evidence.. if you wanna go for it . i think you should do some more research TBH (
    scientifically it has next to no foundation and if flat a lot of things we observe and know happens shouldn't)i mean in the last week ive seen 2 theads like this, both with great info on why the earth os not flat), and why would literally anyone care if its flat or round ? ....

honestly dont get why anyone would care or think the earth is flat .............. it simply makes no sense, and people thousands of years ago figured it out, by sticking 2 sticks into the ground and yet here we are trying to convince you its not flat ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conspiracy_FACT)
    Ive been following the flat earth theory for around a year or two now so I can explain any questions you have, but overall I would encourage you to do a lot of your own research, there is a lot of stuff you can find out!
    Think deeper can the earth not be flat and round at the same time...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rimstone)
    this has ben talked to death in RL and here.
    the eath is not flat, im not gonna go into the ton of evidence.. if you wanna go for it . i think you should do some more research TBH, and why would literally anyone care if its flat or round ? ....
    I'm just trying to help people understand the flat earth instead of just saying it's stupid with no further explanation as to why.

As for people caring if it is flat or round, think about what would it be like if the earth was flat? it would mean governments worldwide had lied to us, but why? Well if the earth is flat then something or someone must have put us here. I would mean the earth is the centre of the universe, according to the most popular flat earth beliefs. If the earth was the centre of the universe, that essentially is a proof of a God.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymouspsych)
    Think deeper can the earth not be flat and round at the same time...?
    The earth is a flat plane in a circular shape, north pole at the centre and south pole at the edge, so yes I guess it can be!

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

How do you account for spacetime curvature; gravity, time dilation and the like? What bearing does this have on the other fundamental forces?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Halp_me_pls_m9)
    Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show

trolololololololol

ReputationRep:
    I'm just trying to help people understand the flat earth instead of just saying it's stupid with no further explanation as to why.

As for people caring if it is flat or round, think about what would it be like if the earth was flat? it would mean governments worldwide had lied to us, but why? Well if the earth is flat then something or someone must have put us here. I would mean the earth is the centre of the universe, according to the most popular flat earth beliefs. If the earth was the centre of the universe, that essentially is a proof of a God.
    looool, im out bro. flat earth proves god exist ..... what .

''- If the Earth was flat, then everybody on Earth would be able to see the same set of stars at night. Very simple research showed that the same stars seen in Egypt cannot be seen in northerly regions at the same time, because the Earth is round.
    - If you stick a stick in the ground, it will produce a shadow. The shadow moves as time passes (which is the principle for ancient Shadow Clocks). If the world had been flat, then two sticks in different locations would produce the same shadow, which doesn't happen.
    - Planes can travel in a relatively straight line a very long time and not fall off any edges. They can also, theoretically (and some do, though with stops along the way), circle the earth and end up reaching their starting position.
    - Then you have time zones. At a certain point when the sun is shining on one part of the Earth, the opposite side is dark, and vise versa. That allows for time differences and timezones, specifically ones that are larger than 12 hours. Thiss would be impossible if the Earth was flat.
    - If you looked out onto the ocean, you would see that approaching ships do not just “appear” out of the horizon (like they should have if the world was flat), but rather emerge from beneath the sea. This is because they are emerging from the Earth's curvuture shape.''

i mean do i need to carry on, the proff its round is there ( do you want a PIC from space/ from a satalite ?? or the government doin that ?).. and has been there for many years .

and GOD doesnt exist bro ....and the earth isnt flat. i mean you thinking that doesnt harm me, but honestly you do sound stupid when you say it. you sound like an anti-vaxer, even though the evidence is there and 99% provingg your wrong, your still trying to claim something that is wrong and most accept is wrong, but its your life and your opinion, just know not many ppl will take you seriously if you say the earth is flat .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tootles)
    How do you account for spacetime curvature; gravity, time dilation and the like? What bearing does this have on the other fundamental forces?
    Gravity can be explained as a pseudoforce. If you were in space on an object accelerating at 9.8m/s^2 then you would feel the same effect as if you were on earth. Theory of relativity still has unanswered questions itself, but i fail to see how it could be affected by a f lat earth unless I am missing something.

ReputationRep:
    OP do you actually believe this nonsense? How old are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rimstone)
    looool, im out bro. flat earth proves god exist ..... what .

''- If the Earth was flat, then everybody on Earth would be able to see the same set of stars at night. Very simple research showed that the same stars seen in Egypt cannot be seen in northerly regions at the same time, because the Earth is round.
    - If you stick a stick in the ground, it will produce a shadow. The shadow moves as time passes (which is the principle for ancient Shadow Clocks). If the world had been flat, then two sticks in different locations would produce the same shadow, which doesn't happen.
    - Planes can travel in a relatively straight line a very long time and not fall off any edges. They can also, theoretically (and some do, though with stops along the way), circle the earth and end up reaching their starting position.
    - Then you have time zones. At a certain point when the sun is shining on one part of the Earth, the opposite side is dark, and vise versa. That allows for time differences and timezones, specifically ones that are larger than 12 hours. Thiss would be impossible if the Earth was flat.
    - If you looked out onto the ocean, you would see that approaching ships do not just “appear” out of the horizon (like they should have if the world was flat), but rather emerge from beneath the sea. This is because they are emerging from the Earth's curvuture shape.''

i mean do i need to carry on, the proff its round is there ( do you want a PIC from space/ from a satalite ?? or the government doin that ?).. and has been there for many years .

and GOD doesnt exist bro ....and the earth isnt flat. i mean you thinking that doesnt harm me, but honestly you do sound stupid when you say it. you sound like an anti-vaxer, even though the evidence is there and 99% provingg your wrong, your still trying to claim something that is wrong and most accept is wrong, but its your life and your opinion, just know not many ppl will take you seriously if you say the earth is flat .

Time zones are possible on a flat earth, imagine shining a torch or lamp onto a flat plane, it does not light up the whole plane, but a centralised spotlight of brightness. With reference to shadow clocks, the same effect could be explained if the sun was only a few thousand metres abouve the earth.

There is no real picture of the earth from space. NASA has gone on record saying that "it's photoshop but it has to be" they use what is called composite imaging to layer the earth together, but why is there nto one real full photo of the earth? I am not anti vaxxer like you claim, but I am against harmful vaccines. Why have autism and cancer levels increased rapidly in recent years?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duncan2012)
    OP do you actually believe this nonsense? How old are you?
    I am 17, been following flat earth since 15, and conspiracies in general for longer. I do a lot of my own research to try and understand these things myself.

ReputationRep:
    Time zones are possible on a flat earth, imagine shining a torch or lamp onto a flat plane, it does not light up the whole plane, but a centralised spotlight of brightness. With reference to shadow clocks, the same effect could be explained if the sun was only a few thousand metres abouve the earth.

There is no real picture of the earth from space. NASA has gone on record saying that "it's photoshop but it has to be" they use what is called composite imaging to layer the earth together, but why is there nto one real full photo of the earth? I am not anti vaxxer like you claim, but I am against harmful vaccines. Why have autism and cancer levels increased rapidly in recent years?
    im sorry but there is no medical support or scientific support for anti-vaxxers to use. And im just gonna end it here, since it dont wanna talk to a brick wall. there are already flat earth threads, and if you wanna get more info on why the earth ISNT flat, go on them, or do some more research. I mean its accepted the earth isnt flat( why you wanna go back to the dark ages, and support some of the churchs view( which they dont even accept today, since even they know the earth isnt flat ),that earth was flat , even though at the time it was already mostly accept it wasnt flat, IDK ), and it simply isnt ...

Im fine with flat earther, i mean its funny to hear them and think there are ppl so uneducated/brainwashed they beleive the world is flat. but the problem is liek anti-vaxxers we dont need them polluting objective science with their opinions and BS, which they call ''facts''. eitherway enjoylife bro, i got nothing else to say, since you clearly made you mind up on the matter, and i aint gonna waste my time, trying to change your mind.

ReputationRep:
    do you believe in space

Gravity can be explained as a pseudoforce. If you were in space on an object accelerating at 9.8m/s^2 then you would feel the same effect as if you were on earth. Theory of relativity still has unanswered questions itself, but i fail to see how it could be affected by a f lat earth unless I am missing something.
    Accelerating at that rate indicates that reaching c is inevitable to maintain the same gravitational effect indefinitely. Where is the energy coming from to facilitate such acceleration? To continue accelerating at that speed, you're going to need energy, and that energy would (a) be detectable if it was exerting a measurable force on an object the size of Earth, and (b) have to come from somewhere: with acceleration comes an asymptotic requirement for energy, and energy has to come from somewhere. In order to provide the energies required to have maintained that rate of acceleration until this point in time, you'd need to have found an infinite source of energy.

And then, if you cast aside such petty notions of energy requirements, you've got the inconvenience of being unable to accelerate to or past the speed of light. And again, if you could, you'd be at the speed of light a year after setting off, at which point your mass would become infinite and you'd collapse in on yourself and become a kind of tachyonic black hole.

There. I've just broken most of the rules of physics for you, and you still can't have an effective replacement for gravity. Sucks to be Discworld.

Relativity does not have unanswered questions, in or of itself. It is simply not fully reconciled to quantum mechanics yet.

ReputationRep:
    Time zones are possible on a flat earth, imagine shining a torch or lamp onto a flat plane, it does not light up the whole plane, but a centralised spotlight of brightness. With reference to shadow clocks, the same effect could be explained if the sun was only a few thousand metres abouve the earth
    I agree a light will only illuminate a certain limited area depending upon its brightness. That being said...If you stand on a hill at night and look down upon a town, you can see all of the street lights, car headlights, house lights etc. yet you would remain in the dark.

If the sun, a few thousand metres above the Earth, can shine so brightly on one side of the flat earth, why can’t the other side, in the dark, see the sun?

The line of sight would be perfectly clear on a flat earth to this close proximity sun, but we see nothing?

I think you should trust more in what you SEE than what you READ.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    So your brain is flat as well??? there seems to be a trend where flat earth believers are in denial about their flat brain and mostly airheaded

ReputationRep:
    I am 17, been following flat earth since 15, and conspiracies in general for longer. I do a lot of my own research to try and understand these things myself.
    Unfortunately you don’t sound like a troll. In which case, your own ‘research’ has been totally misguided and left you utterly deluded. I feel sorry that you’ve wasted two years of your life believing this pish. Please stop wasting your energy on this - science (backed by observation) has got this one covered.

ReputationRep:
    I was talking about this to a friend a couple days ago actually! How does the flat earth “orbit” as a plane? And also how can you fly to the other “side”? (Is the world a reflection on both sides or what?)
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 25, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.