Shannon0320
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi all! Was just wondering if anyone could give me some tips or would like to work with me and complete some revision for the 2019 GCSEs
Stacie-Mai
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Best tip I have is do not leave it too late!! You can do it but don’t overwork yourself!!
samazimi
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I second this. I just did my exams and my plan was to start revision a month before but I kept procrastinating and everything was *****y and I was getting like under 3 hours sleep for every exam cuz I was revising the night before and in general it was horrible. I'd say start 3 months before, take it slow at first then increase how much you do. This also involves actually LEARNING how to revise which I didn't really know how to. Watch study youtubers they've got good tips like revision with eve, unjaded jade, ibz mo (my fav). Anyway good luck
HGG16
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Start in September, an hour per night, gradually increase this as you come closer to your exams. I personally did a maximum of 2/3 hours a night about a month before my GCSE’s, and the exam period that has just finished cause me very little stress. Good luck! Starting earlier=smaller amount of stress.
Ailurophile03
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Shannon0320)
Hi all! Was just wondering if anyone could give me some tips or would like to work with me and complete some revision for the 2019 GCSEs
start making notes now! do a little day by day, try to do as many past papers as possible. if u need any help feel free to pm me!
sallyS22
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
try out a range of resources now, and find the ones that work for you!

In the end I used a lot of youtubers (eg Mr Bruff, freesciencelessons, primrose kitten) and Seneca Learning. Did a bit of quizlet initially and then also really close to the exams but didn't actually find it mega useful. I also found that for humanities, flashcards and mind maps helped me a lot.

And I found revision guides really ineffective for me because I didn't pay much attention when going through them. I'm much better at doing engaged learning, which is why I like websites that test you.

But it's completely different for each person. So try from now / September try a few things and then when you find the one that works for you stick with it and do a little bit each day and at least an hour each weekend!
Kirby...
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Make notes at the start of year 11. It will take you probably a month or 2 to complete, if you take your time, which is fine. Then you can chill by actively engaging in classwork by asking for more work and just go over your notes. Up until the Easter holidays or earlier if you want, do past papers and you'll easily be able to get a good grade.
Broganrichardsx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Does anyone know where to get good revision tips or like good videos or does anyone have tips ???
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (226)
61.08%
No (77)
20.81%
Not sure (67)
18.11%

Watched Threads