Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey,
Is it normal to have regular normal periods on the Desogestrel pill?
I was told they would be irregular, lighter or have no period at all but I seem to be having a normal period at the time of the month which I always get it at.
Please let me know hehe
thanks
Parker Tracy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey,
Is it normal to have regular normal periods on the Desogestrel pill?
I was told they would be irregular, lighter or have no period at all but I seem to be having a normal period at the time of the month which I always get it at.
Please let me know hehe
thanks

OK - well first off, I'm sorry this is causing you a worry. Your GP or family planning clinic should have told you exactly what to expect from the medication you are taking.

It is not uncommon that when you start taking any contraceptive pill that you experience what is called "break through bleeding". This oftentimes settles down. Sometimes it doesn't settle and then your doctor will recommend a better pill to you.

The best course of action is a follow up appointment with your doctor, or clinic where you explain what's being going on and you review whether this is normal, and will settle, or whether a different pill is a better alternative. In the meantime, and indeed afterwards, you should use condoms. Unfortunately, STDs are on the rise, and even with contraceptives, you should ensure you protect your health by being safe. This is not a commentary on you, your partner, or morality, it is simply good insurance. Like wearing a seatbelt in a car!

I hope you can follow up with your GP soon. Good wishes for the future.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (126)
14.6%
I'm not sure (39)
4.52%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (261)
30.24%
I have already dropped out (22)
2.55%
I'm not a current university student (415)
48.09%

Watched Threads