Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Currently taking Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry.
    At the moment I think my predicted grades are either all A*s or A*A*A*A with the A being in physics and I am aiming to apply for Maths at Cambridge.

Just wanted to find out the best colleges for Maths academically and also in terms of chances of getting in - like a compromise between the two. And any extra information about the colleges.

Going on an open day soon so I want to narrow down which colleges I want to take a look at.

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    Jesus college is where you need to be, thats the nerd mecca according to paige y (youtube)
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by thenbhd)
    Hi,

Currently taking Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry.
    At the moment I think my predicted grades are either all A*s or A*A*A*A with the A being in physics and I am aiming to apply for Maths at Cambridge.

Just wanted to find out the best colleges for Maths academically and also in terms of chances of getting in - like a compromise between the two. And any extra information about the colleges.

Going on an open day soon so I want to narrow down which colleges I want to take a look at.

Thanks in advance.
    Having a look around on an Open Day is a good plan.

Also read this carefully
    https://www.undergraduate.study.cam....sing-a-college

And keep in mind there's a roughly 20-25% chance any offer you get will be from a different college anyway, so don't spend too much time worrying about college choice.

The college with the most mathmos is Trinity.
    https://www.undergraduate.study.cam....ply/statistics

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.