The Student Room Group

Applied for PGCE...going to miss my offer :(

Basically, I’m aware I have no hope but can anyone add your two cents?

I applied for a three PGCE courses on the assumption that I’d be getting a 2:1 when I graduate. I got three offers from each place I applied but each specified that I needed to get a 2:1 to get on the course.

I’m now thinking that I’ve screwed up my dissertation enough to get a 2:2 :frown:(((

Any chance that they’re going to accept me still or just nah?
They may still accept you, chances are after results they will still have places
Reply 2
Original post by Flowerburger

I applied for a three PGCE courses on the assumption that I’d be getting a 2:1 when I graduate. I got three offers from each place I applied but each specified that I needed to get a 2:1 to get on the course.

I’m now thinking that I’ve screwed up my dissertation enough to get a 2:2 :frown:(((

They may still accept you have you passed your QTS tests ?

Firstly, don't panic, your results may be better than you expect.

Which subject have you applied for the PGCE? If it is a shortage subject especially maths/physics/chemistry then it's likely you will still be let in if you get a 2.2.
I applied for Primary so not shortage :/

You may get lucky, but if not you can apply for spaces via apply 2 until the end of September.
Reply 6

You will be fine just take you right qts tests and pass .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending