Turn on thread page Beta

What do I call this mess? watch

I feel like it is the world against me. I feel like I am on my own and no-one here for me. It doesn't matter how many times I go out with friends I still feel the same well, not that I even go out with them anymore. To top it off the only person who I could talk to I started getting feelings for. We were fairly close so I thought it would be a good idea to ask her out today but got the good old "like you as a friend". So now I do not have 1 single person I can talk to because of how awkward it was.

I seem to just feel alone regardless of my surroundings. I can't speak to anyone and fear to as well. I overthink everything and even struggle to talk to my own family as well.

This has gone on now for nearly 4 years now. Every day I wish I did not get out of bed, I wish I could just stay there where I am not vulnerable to these feelings.

People tell me to talk to someone but I can't people tell me to see the GP but I just physically can't. Before anyone says this I just want to say I am not self-diagnosing myself with depression.

I do not know the cause of this but I feel worthless day in day out and just cannot seem to shake these feelings off. I just feel like bursting into tears most of the day.

Is this a phase? I do not know what to call this but I need it gone, it is crushing me. And please do not ask me to DM you since I do not feel comfortable doing so.

ReputationRep:
    It is the hardest thing to do but speaking to your GP would take so much weight off your shoulders - I’ve been there
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Tell me, have you ever made a conscious effort for change? Or have you merely desired for it?

As cheesy as it sounds, you really are the only medium to your world and the outer. If you want to feel connected to the outer world, you will need to bridge the gap by yourself. The task may seem daunting but there are people out there dedicating themselves to give you the means to do this. In the end of the day no one's curing your problems. They're merely there to help you so that you can end this. And we can only be there to listen to you vent your problems and celebrate your progression.

The bridge may seem long or it may seem short, but you'll never make it across if you don't start and carry on going.

(Original post by Stacie-Mai)
    It is the hardest thing to do but speaking to your GP would take so much weight off your shoulders - I’ve been there
    What do they even do?

(Original post by Sahyun)
    Tell me, have you ever made a conscious effort for change? Or have you merely desired for it?

As cheesy as it sounds, you really are the only medium to your world and the outer. If you want to feel connected to the outer world, you will need to bridge the gap by yourself. The task may seem daunting but there are people out there dedicating themselves to give you the means to do this. In the end of the day no one's curing your problems. They're merely there to help you so that you can end this. And we can only be there to listen to you vent your problems and celebrate your progression.

The bridge may seem long or it may seem short, but you'll never make it across if you don't start and carry on going.
    I have tried multiple times and have failed. I used to try and change but gave up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What do they even do?
    Refer to appropriate services and medicate if necessary. Provide an outlet for you to talk. They listen
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by Stacie-Mai)
    Refer to appropriate services and medicate if necessary. Provide an outlet for you to talk. They listen
    Is there a way where you cannot talk to people face to face? I really hate it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 20, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.