Turn on thread page Beta

planned pregnancy and planned abortion - advice watch

Now here’s the issue - I’ve been taking contraceptive pills however they’re just an awful nightmare, my periods usually last 4/5 days MAX but they’re still going now and it’s bewn two weeks. It’s definitely because of the pill as I’ve researched online and this is a possible side effect (prolonged periods). I’ve stopped taking these pills and my periods have started strong lighter so hopefully they’ll disappear soon.

Im planning to meet someone for sex in a month or so. He’s going to **** me w/out a condom because I want him to. I’m not going to try any other pills so basiclaly I will get pregnant. Obviously o don’t wanna be pregnant I’m 18 and planning to go to uni so I’m planning to just get an abortion ASAP.

Is an abortion a big hassle and is it painful?

Thanks in advance
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Now here’s the issue - I’ve been taking contraceptive pills however they’re just an awful nightmare, my periods usually last 4/5 days MAX but they’re still going now and it’s bewn two weeks. It’s definitely because of the pill as I’ve researched online and this is a possible side effect (prolonged periods). I’ve stopped taking these pills and my periods have started strong lighter so hopefully they’ll disappear soon.

Im planning to meet someone for sex in a month or so. He’s going to **** me w/out a condom because I want him to. I’m not going to try any other pills so basiclaly I will get pregnant. Obviously o don’t wanna be pregnant I’m 18 and planning to go to uni so I’m planning to just get an abortion ASAP.

Thanks in advance
    It would be a far better idea to use a condom or some other form of in the moment contraception. Abortions are not a simple or pleasant experience. It involves either triggering a miscarriage or surgery.
    Anything other than a condom or some form of physical barrier has the potential to mess with your periods. That includes the morning after pill and abortions.

Here's more info on types of contraception:
    https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/contra...thod-suits-me/

Here's info on abortions:
    https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/abortion/

If you are absolutely set on having unprotected sex get the morning after pill straight after. It will likely still cause period related side effects though.

You could also talk to your doctor about pill related options. Some pills are quite predictable and could even stop your periods completely.

(Original post by Kindred)
    It would be a far better idea to use a condom or some other form of in the moment contraception. Abortions are not a simple or pleasant experience. It involves either triggering a miscarriage or surgery.
    Anything other than a condom or some form of physical barrier has the potential to mess with your periods. That includes the morning after pill and abortions.

Here's more info on types of contraception:
    https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/contra...thod-suits-me/

Here's info on abortions:
    https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/abortion/

If you are absolutely set on having unprotected sex get the morning after pill straight after. It will likely still cause period related side effects though.

You could also talk to your doctor about pill related options. Some pills are quite predictable and could even stop your periods completely.
    Hey! Thanks a lot for your reply, I really appreciate it! I think I’ll just look into some other people that doesn’t have unpleasant side effects, hopefully that should be enough. Yeah abortions for sound too great, I’ve just look it as well so nah...thanks again
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Thanks in advance
    I am seriously wondering if this is trolling, but just in case it isn't...

This is a very bad idea.

From the side-effect, I am guessing that you've been using a progesterone-only 'mini-pill' where you take one every day. Some women do find they get prolonged light bleeding with this at first, but in most cases it goes away after a few months.

If you used a combination pill where you take it for twenty one days, then have a seven day break, you should a) have even better protection against pregnancy and b) not have any prolonged bleeding.

Let's say that you don't want to do that. Other forms of contraception still exist that will allow you to have unprotected sex while greatly reducing your chance of becoming pregnant. If you want to avoid any hormonal method, there's the copper IUD, for example.

OK, let's say that you want to ignore all of them.

In that case, it depends when you ovulate whether or not taking the 'morning after pill' would work - if you have just ovulated when you have this sex, taking it afterwards isn't going to help you.

About the only good news is that if it does happen on the day of the sex, you've 'only' about a 50-50 chance of becoming pregnant.

If you're unlucky and do become pregnant, an abortion will take several weeks to happen, possibly a couple of months. Whether it's done by via taking a pill or surgery, it's not something to do lightly - with the appointments and actual abortion, expect to have at least a couple of days unable to do anything else.

Have you actually met him yet? How do you know you want to **** him? How do you know he doesn't have any STIs? (And, if you've been sexual with other people before, how do you know that you don't?)

At some point in future, you're going to remember this post and cringe at the thought that you ever planned to do this. It's that bad an idea.

(Original post by unprinted)
    I am seriously wondering if this is trolling, but just in case it isn't...

This is a very bad idea.

From the side-effect, I am guessing that you've been using a progesterone-only 'mini-pill' where you take one every day. Some women do find they get prolonged light bleeding with this at first, but in most cases it goes away after a few months.

If you used a combination pill where you take it for twenty one days, then have a seven day break, you should a) have even better protection against pregnancy and b) not have any prolonged bleeding.

Let's say that you don't want to do that. Other forms of contraception still exist that will allow you to have unprotected sex while greatly reducing your chance of becoming pregnant. If you want to avoid any hormonal method, there's the copper IUD, for example.

OK, let's say that you want to ignore all of them.

In that case, it depends when you ovulate whether or not taking the 'morning after pill' would work - if you have just ovulated when you have this sex, taking it afterwards isn't going to help you.

About the only good news is that if it does happen on the day of the sex, you've 'only' about a 50-50 chance of becoming pregnant.

If you're unlucky and do become pregnant, an abortion will take several weeks to happen, possibly a couple of months. Whether it's done by via taking a pill or surgery, it's not something to do lightly - with the appointments and actual abortion, expect to have at least a couple of days unable to do anything else.

Have you actually met him yet? How do you know you want to **** him? How do you know he doesn't have any STIs? (And, if you've been sexual with other people before, how do you know that you don't?)

At some point in future, you're going to remember this post and cringe at the thought that you ever planned to do this. It's that bad an idea.
    Hey! Unfortunately I’m not trolling and I do realise it’s a rather stupid idea 😭
    I am actually taking a combined pill, 21 days followed by a seven day break, it’s called Dianette. The period just won’t stop, I know the seven day break is there to allow for artificial bleeding but I think I’m bleeding enough so if these periods ever stop, do you reckon it’d be okay to take a pill a day during those seven days? I read online the seven day break was just introduced in the 60s as it freaked some women out that they didn’t bleed at all so surely it just serves a comfort mechanism and missing it won’t do me any harm?!

Thanks for recommending other contraceptive methods but I don’t think I’ll go for them especially the copper thing! I’ll see about the morning after pill and what not

I am actually a virgin and I am planning to meet him purely for sex, I’ve never had sex with anyone before, I do not think he has STIs? He doesn’t seem like the type to carelessly sleep around but one can never be too sure I suppose...

Yeah I think I’ll forget about the abortion thing it sounds longer and more complicated than I originally thought! I’m 18 hence my slight ignorance ahahaha

ReputationRep:
    No abortion is not painful.

(Original post by Jasonaldean)
    No abortion is not painful.
    And you know this how?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 20, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.