Big family problem Watch

hcj21212
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I recently planned a trip with my father and my friend. My father said he will go with me. Because he won't allow me to go alone. So yes tickets were booked (non refundable) 700 pounds. And hotels 800 pounds. (all non refundable).

My father didn't give a penny. 1300 pounds are mine which i saved in a year.

So now my father asked at his work place they said he need permission to go abroad from the government which will take 20-30 days. And not sure if he will be granted permission.

So he said that if he didn't get permission. I have to cancel my trip and forget it. Even if its non refundable trip. He is not responsible for cancellation.

I am pissed. I said i will go on trip even if he didn't come along with us. He said
He will file police complaint against me for going against father and not obeying. And put me under bars.

Well i am 19 yr old and well mannered guy.

I am really so much depressed. I am going to lost 1300£. I am a nice guy in conservative area and city. I don't want my parents insult or reputation to be down. But they are forcing me to go against them and leave them forever.
I don't know what to do.
Anonymous #1
Report 8 months ago
Sue him so he can sue the government.
gtd2018
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I actually think you could sue your parents for harassment and various forms of abuse. They should have given you the ability to get into a position where you're able to fend for yourself, but it appears that your parents appear to want to control you instead, that control putting the onus of making sure you're able to fend for yourself on them because you do not have enough emotional and physical freedom.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (59)
15.13%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (38)
9.74%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (74)
18.97%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (59)
15.13%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (43)
11.03%
How can I be the best version of myself? (117)
30%

Watched Threads