The Student Room Group

BTEC Health and Social Care Unit 8 Promoting Public Health HELP!

I really need help with Unit 8 I don't understand Learning Aim A :frown:

A. P1 Explain the strategies used to develop public health policy in order for it to meet its aims

A.M1 Analyse how public health policy is influenced by strategies and patterns of health and ill health

A. P2 Explain how monitoring information to determine patterns of health and ill health is used by government to inform creation of public health policy

A. D1 Evaluate how far the use of strategies and monitoring the health status of the population helps public health policy to meet its aims in reducing the factors that influence public health, with reference to a specific demographic area

I'm so confused and lost and all of my teachers are so busy could someone tell me please
Reply 1
Original post by Starlight15
I really need help with Unit 8 I don't understand Learning Aim A :frown:

A. P1 Explain the strategies used to develop public health policy in order for it to meet its aims

A.M1 Analyse how public health policy is influenced by strategies and patterns of health and ill health

A. P2 Explain how monitoring information to determine patterns of health and ill health is used by government to inform creation of public health policy

A. D1 Evaluate how far the use of strategies and monitoring the health status of the population helps public health policy to meet its aims in reducing the factors that influence public health, with reference to a specific demographic area

I'm so confused and lost and all of my teachers are so busy could someone tell me please

For p1
Define public health. Talk about beveridge and nhs.Then add aims and strategies .
Hopes this helps😊
Original post by Jj1EM
For p1
Define public health. Talk about beveridge and nhs.Then add aims and strategies .
Hopes this helps😊

Already finished Unit 8 two weeks ago XD but thank you
Original post by Starlight15
Already finished Unit 8 two weeks ago XD but thank you

Hi! I've been assigned unit 8 promoting public health few weeks ago and I'm struggling with the Distinction parts D2,3,4:

D2: Justify the approaches used to promote and protect health and prevent disease in a selected health promotion campaign.

D3: Evaluate the success of a specific public health campaign in encouraging behaviour change in relation to health.

D4: Evaluate how far a recent health promotion campaign met the aims of public health policy through the strategies and approaches used to improve the health of a demographic area.

I was wondering if its possible for you to help me on this 😭 I'm struggling so much the teacher's not helping either she isn't helping in how I could structure the distinction parts and what else I can add on. If you have a bit of a guideline on how I should set it out, please helppppp.
Original post by euphorism
Hi! I've been assigned unit 8 promoting public health few weeks ago and I'm struggling with the Distinction parts D2,3,4:

D2: Justify the approaches used to promote and protect health and prevent disease in a selected health promotion campaign.

D3: Evaluate the success of a specific public health campaign in encouraging behaviour change in relation to health.

D4: Evaluate how far a recent health promotion campaign met the aims of public health policy through the strategies and approaches used to improve the health of a demographic area.

I was wondering if its possible for you to help me on this 😭 I'm struggling so much the teacher's not helping either she isn't helping in how I could structure the distinction parts and what else I can add on. If you have a bit of a guideline on how I should set it out, please helppppp.

OK I'll help as I was in the same position as you so:

D2: Justify the approaches used to promote and protect health and prevent disease in a selected health promotion campaign

In your selected health promoting campaign (which is any campaign that you've pick) say your reasons why you think the approaches used to promote health, prevent health and prevent disease in your campaign that you read about was useful/helpful or not and back it up using statistics (i.e. in so and so campaign the approach they used (say the approach they used) was useful BECAUSE (use a statistics and/or you opinion to back it up) this approach decrease the percentage of people getting asthma attacks by 20%.

First list the successes (and failures to get you the high grades) of your public health campaign (i.e. Stoptober campaign made 10% of people stop smoking altogether) and then link it to one (or more) of the theories of behaviour change and how that theory made that campaign that you chose successful (or not) . Then in your last paragraph make a conclusion on wether overall the campaign has truly been successful or not and why (that's evaluating you're making a final judgement)

D4: Evaluate how far a recent health promotion campaign met the aims of public health policy through the strategies and approaches used to improve the health of a demographic area

So think of a health promotion campaign that's recent and look at their policies and see how far they met their policies. Then you say the reasons why (BECAUSE...) saying what strategies and approaches they used to improve health of a demographic area (i.e. Newcastle, London, Sussex, Cambridge) always talk about the good things they did and what they failed to do/what they haven't done. Then in your last paragraph make a conclusion on whether that campaign have improved the health of i.e. London or not by saying why and backing it up with statistics

Hope this helps :smile:

(PS: In case you're wondering I got DD in Health and Social Care and studying midwifery at uni)
Thanks a lot, This is very helpful! Also how is midwifery at uni? I’m sending my ucas off the coming week 🤧😀
Send a copy of your assignment pls
I can't sorry. it's against TSR and Pearson's rules
i am struggling with p2: explain how monitoring information to determine patterns of health and ill health is used by government to inform the creation of public health policy.p3. explain factors affecting current patterns of health and ill health in a specific demographic areap4. explain the impact of public health policy in minimising these factors in relation to a specific demographic area
Original post by Beckyyyyyyyyyyy
i am struggling with p2: explain how monitoring information to determine patterns of health and ill health is used by government to inform the creation of public health policy.p3. explain factors affecting current patterns of health and ill health in a specific demographic areap4. explain the impact of public health policy in minimising these factors in relation to a specific demographic area

could u help me with this assignment assignment as u have finished it and i am struggling
could you please hep me with assignmet as i am struggling. thanks
Original post by Purplecupcake24
could you please hep me with assignmet as i am struggling. thanks

I made a thread about how to answer all of the questions from unit 8 https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5666558
Im stuck on the merit criteria can someone help!!!

Help me too please
i want to study midwifery at uni how would you say the course is. so far i have and offer at dmu and an interview at Middlesex and Northampton but i think my main choice right now id dmu

Latest